• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tickets Colchester Match - Club PR - Tickets selling fast!

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
With the electronic advertising boards, I am not sure how much anyone sat right at ground level would actually see. Not sure why seats would have been put in though in that case.

Trapdoor

Thought it was funny today whenever someone started a chant who isn't in "the drum clique", that entire area refused to join in the chant.

Tinpot behaviour.

denzel

I presume some ST holders didn't turn up? Looks like the capacities are akin to wearing baggy jeans, rather than skinny ones, I thought it was comfortable without feeling stifled, as I have in previous games (like the last time we played Argyle or Liverpool).

It would be funny if a lot of people didn't turn up for the Vale game, if we are both already promoted and can't win the title for example.

Grecian Max

Thought it was funny today whenever someone started a chant who isn't in "the drum clique", that entire area refused to join in the chant.

Tinpot behaviour.
I was outside of the said clique today but what you need to understand being ex-clique is you often can’t hear random chants being started when you’re in the area. In defence of the lads that keep it going up there.

Get a louder voice, go in the centre and man up basically

craigbratt

On the front row there are lots seat backs but no seats,(I’ve no idea of the reason why)I assume you were looking from the IP Stand CB ?
It would appear from that vantage point that they are empty seats.
These seats are for wheelchair users - with a few odd full seats for their carer.

budegrecian

These seats are for wheelchair users - with a few odd full seats for their carer.
Makes sense now.
We are obviously well catered for in terms of disabled supporters looking at the number of spaces available today, so those of you you still desperate to get a ticket for the PV game; go find someone who's disabled & requires the use of a wheelchair & offer to be their carer for the day!

Memphis09

It's not the club's fault if the safety certificate is lower these days than it used to be. The capacity is about 8200 these days but obviously Colchester did not sell all their tickets.
You could easily fit 5000/6000 on the bank, but again if the authorities restrict the numbers what are the club to do.
As someone who was there throughout the dark days i would hardly call nearly 8000 a farce!
I would when they keep on saying how many were sold you only had to look at the away end nowhere near capacity
The club got it wrong end of

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would when they keep on saying how many were sold you only had to look at the away end nowhere near capacity
Not end of.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I can understand the confusion. During the week one of the updates said that 7200 plus tickets had been sold and announced that 600 were going on sale in the away end so the crowd should have been 7800 plus unless I’ve miss understood. I read it as not including Colchester fans which would then have pushed it past 8000 but maybe the 7200 plus included away fans.

im not saying there is some conspiracy , but would be interested in a breakdown. We’re more than 7549 tickets sold? How many empty spaces were lost in the Colchester areas (3 to 4 hundred?) we’re some of the empty seats in ip office stand for segregation ?

for port vale with their allocation sold out as well is that game likely to hit 8000 if everyone turns up?

Andy Holloway

It's nothing to do with 'capacity', if we got a few of those Japanese train 'pushers' in we probably could have got several hundred more on the BB and into the away end, but it's to do with how many people the Safety Certificate allows you to have in each stand. There is a formula of people per sg m works out your 'capacity', not how many you can pack in like sardines. Colchester obviously brought far less than the capacity for the areas they were allocated and those empty spaces would have counted against capacity plus, not all the disabled + carer spaces were taken in both home & away ends, so there's another 20 or 30 off your 'capacity', it soon starts adding up. But hey ho, let's not let facts get in the way of a chance to run ECFC down eh?