• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Threads off topic

Tesco
Colgate
Shower
Biscuits
Apple's

Matt Russell

For a list of Forum moderators go to "the word on well street" and scroll to the bottom.
Really wish you luck...........reading this thread emphasises your point.

Early Bath

For a list of Forum moderators go to "the word on well street" and scroll to the bottom.
Many thanks Matt, I have already spotted them. Doesn't say much for the moderators though, not one has seen fit to reply. Perhaps they don't read the Development thread these days and are quite happy to allow the childish comments to continue.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
O.K. Some of us might have been taking this thread a tad lightly but FWIW the OP makes a very valid point.

IndoMike

O.K. Some of us might have been taking this thread a tad lightly but FWIW the OP makes a very valid point.
In a perfect world the OP is correct. Having said that, often there is absolutely no news to discuss, in which case this Website would be rather quiet. In addition, we are not robots programmed to stick to the thread topic. In normal life conversations digress and that happens on Exeweb. However, it is annoying when someone introduces a totally new topic on a thread, but I'm sure we're all guilty of this. I really don't think this is a huge issue, although strictly speaking the code of conduct should he adhered to. Personally I don't give a damn.

LOG

Indeed. You are quite boring and one dimensional.

Colesman Ballz

In a perfect world the OP is correct. Having said that, often there is absolutely no news to discuss, in which case this Website would be rather quiet. In addition, we are not robots programmed to stick to the thread topic. In normal life conversations digress and that happens on Exeweb. However, it is annoying when someone introduces a totally new topic on a thread, but I'm sure we're all guilty of this. I really don't think this is a huge issue, although strictly speaking the code of conduct should he adhered to. Personally I don't give a damn.
I mostly agree but there are limits though Mike. Our wannabe Apache plastering his same old T Tepee mustang manure across thread after thread was shirley one example. Thankfully he's backed off a bit now, seemingly after a little advice from the mods on how to win friends and influence people ! Well done the mods I say, but they've still got some work to do, that bleddy clock for starters, and letting Foxy back into the fold for another.

IndoMike

I mostly agree but there are limits though Mike. Our wannabe Apache plastering his same old T Tepee mustang manure across thread after thread was shirley one example. Thankfully he's backed off a bit now, seemingly after a little advice from the mods on how to win friends and influence people ! Well done the mods I say, but they've still got some work to do, that bleddy clock for starters, and letting Foxy back into the fold for another.
I try to be patient with the aged cos I'm getting close to it myself. I do believe the mods would have to be employed full-time if they were ordered to intervene every time someone digressed.If the mods strictly adhered to the code of conduct i think it would kill conversation somewhat. It's a fine balance to maintain. For me Exeweb is just for fun - sometimes joking, sometimes arguing : it's entertainment, not the official City website. So, I think we should make an effort to stick to 'the code" but if we slip up sometimes then c'est la vie - no problem.

Matt Russell

Indeed. You are quite boring and one dimensional.
A perfect example of why Early Bath started this thread.
Why you would feel the need to go to the trouble of posting this is beyond me.

Exe on Valdez

Good luck with getting over yourself.