• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This particular pedant finds the linky thing is broken rather like most things in this country. :(
# metoo ! :confused:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This particular pedant finds the linky thing is broken rather like most things in this country. :(
Try this

Spoonz Red E

Alistair20000

Gents

Thank you.

Another nice thing from the past trashed :(

I love that theme music.

Grecian2K

Thanks Hants, and apologies Al.
Don't know what happened there. I merely copied and pasted directly from the address bar and it seemed to work for me (at least in preview)

Perhaps it was just another pernicious attempt by the "lefty" Beeb to try and bury it's own bad news? 😜

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Average Joe

Multiple accounts on Exeweb. It seems they are a thing of the past...

Alistair20000

LOG and RedPaul on Exeweb (others no longer sighted on here also available) :(

Oldsmobile-88

Linesmen checking the studs of a substitute.

DB9

Going to collect your wages every week (Friday) from the wages department or them coming to your work station, in cash and in a wage packet, When was the last time you did that?

Oldsmobile-88

Going to collect your wages every week (Friday) from the wages department or them coming to your work station, in cash and in a wage packet, When was the last time you did that?
It used to be a Thursday lunchtime for me...All the fellas on the district I worked would be at Basin Works depot at 1.30pm sharp to collect their cash & compare payslips with how much overtime & bonus they had been paid...The cleverest with a pen were top on that score. 😁
It slowly came to the end gradually from the early 1980s on, as more people had wages paid into their bank account. This was encouraged by the company a financial inducement - £30 one off payment.