• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
TBF Ramone, You don't see kids building dens, 40 or so kids playing football in a park for hours on end, Climbing trees in fact most summer holidays we were out from just after breakfast til tea time, I look at a lot of green spaces around the estates in our area and they are empty, You just don't see kids being kids.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
They’re misleading anyway. I went to one to get a cheap car boot and there were precisely zero for sale.
Yep, waste of time. And have you ever tried getting a mammoth at a Mammoth Sale?

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Rosencrantz

TBF Ramone, You don't see kids building dens, 40 or so kids playing football in a park for hours on end, Climbing trees in fact most summer holidays we were out from just after breakfast til tea time, I look at a lot of green spaces around the estates in our area and they are empty, You just don't see kids being kids.
I always knew Tiverton was behind the times. There is always kids having a game in the Park behind my house until it gets dark. Jumpers for goalposts, just like the old days.

DB9

I always knew Tiverton was behind the times. There is always kids having a game in the Park behind my house until it gets dark. Jumpers for goalposts, just like the old days.
I'm glad they are Rosey, When we go for walks by rivers round here and you see some lads fishing i just think that is such a "Proper" pastime but in general the kids are either hanging around the McD's or not out, Even though we've had a pandemic the summer weather was pretty good but very little in the way of the parks being filled up with kids.

Rosencrantz

I'm glad they are Rosey, When we go for walks by rivers round here and you see some lads fishing i just think that is such a "Proper" pastime but in general the kids are either hanging around the McD's or not out, Even though we've had a pandemic the summer weather was pretty good but very little in the way of the parks being filled up with kids.
The park behind me was locked during the lockdown so it was eerily quiet, although you don't get much in the way of noise from them anyway. That doesn't stop some locals moaning about them but I'd always rather see them out there kicking a ball around than hanging around the local Spar.

DB9

The park behind me was locked during the lockdown so it was eerily quiet, although you don't get much in the way of noise from them anyway. That doesn't stop some locals moaning about them but I'd always rather see them out there kicking a ball around than hanging around the local Spar.
Indeed, We live next door to a woman's refuge and obviously they bring their kids with them when they stay (Normaly short term) and they have a good size back garden and during the summer the kids were always out there being kids, Making lots of noise etc but i never worried about it, The people who run it often came to apologise for the noise but i told not to worry, They've been through enough and hearing kids playing, Even if noisy doesn't bother me and does make me feel good.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
That's the good thing about having a pool in the back garden through the summers my kids would invite loads of their mates over for pool parties then the wife would end up feeding them on the grass before they all jumped back in again.
Only ever had 1 old crow moan about the noise but an old guy who lives above her said its great to hear them kids actually being kids.

Reactions: DB9

Colesman Ballz

Kids playing with those polystyrene airplanes that you put together in the park usually ending up with them stuck in a tree.
Talking about kids and trees, you never see kids throwing sticks at horse chestnut trees to knock down the conkers either !

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Talking about kids and trees, you never see kids throwing sticks at horse chestnut trees to knock down the conkers either !
You might see me doing it mind. I have to collect a bag of conkers for my mum who thinks if you place them around the house that'll keep the spiders out.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even at my time of life I can't resist picking up conkers.