• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

OmanGrecian

I still have a huge collection of music videos that are probably worthless now.
That you rented from Blockbuster? Uh oh, big fine coming ;)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently there is still one left, I think it's in the US but is still trading. At one point there were thousands of shops all over the world.
It is in Bend, Oregon, and is now listed on Air B n B offering "Movie Stopovers" !

Reactions: DB9

Spoonz Red E

Apparently there is still one left, I think it's in the US but is still trading. At one point there were thousands of shops all over the world.
They pulled the black tab out so it couldn't be erased.

Oldsmobile-88

Postal Order....I was excited when I got one in my birthday card aged eight for 10/- 😁
53766A9D-CCBD-4BFB-849F-63AE1DE53D51.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Travel warrant....A common item years ago,usually issued by HM Armed Forces to staff or by companies to staff on business.
The times I used them(late 1970s)you exchanged the warrant for a return train ticket at the station or showed it to a bus conductor(that dates it😁)who then issued a return ticket.
Nowadays people would just put the travel cost on their expenses & claim it back I would imagine.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Postal Order....I was excited when I got one in my birthday card aged eight for 10/- 😁
View attachment 3551
Billy Bunter was always expecting one in the post!

DB9

Billy Bunter was always expecting one in the post!
IIRC The Winslow Boy stole one too!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just received one from DVLA. What a pain, as I'll have to go in to town to put it in my account.

Maybe I'll get to speak to a human and complain about not being able to do this on the app.

OmanGrecian

Travel warrant....A common item years ago,usually issued by HM Armed Forces to staff or by companies to staff on business.
The times I used them(late 1970s)you exchanged the warrant for a return train ticket at the station or showed it to a bus conductor(that dates it😁)who then issued a return ticket.
Nowadays people would just put the travel cost on their expenses & claim it back I would imagine.
Nope. Travel warrants are still issued

Alistair20000

Just received one from DVLA. What a pain, as I'll have to go in to town to put it in my account.

Maybe I'll get to speak to a human and complain about not being able to do this on the app.
Some cheques can be photocopied and sent online by phone I think. Management does this so I am clueless on procedures. Think there may be a money limit.