Things you dont see anymore

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was fascinated when I visited Fiji by the dual purpose football and rugby posts they had. Basically they are football goals but with two vertical posts mounted on top of the crossbar !

Oldsmobile-88

Protect & Survive booklet, A HMSO issue in the 60s & 70s..How to survive if you were outside the immediate Nuclear blast zone.

The accompanying Public Information Film was sampled in Frankie Goes to Hollywood’s Two Tribes video.

739F3FEE-DCE5-438F-9FB3-2163C1ED13B6.jpeg

Alistair20000

That’s a bizarre coincidence Olds. I was clearing out some old papers today and came across a similar publication. Sobering reading.

Oldsmobile-88

That’s a bizarre coincidence Olds. I was clearing out some old papers today and came across a similar publication. Sobering reading.
I remember the Nuclear attack warning siren was tested(for 20 seconds), The first Monday of the month at 8pm regular as clockwork for years in the early 1970s. The one I heard was from the RN Supply depot at Countess Wear when I was living in Exminster as a child.

I believe when the Civic Centre in Paris Street was built around 1970 it came complete with a nuclear bunker in the basement.