• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Party line....I remember working in a house on the Estate at Countess Wear,I had to phone up the depot(giving the householder 4p)They had a Party Line with a couple of neighbours,i ended up inadvertently listening to parts of the neighbours conversation 😁
Yep, Happened all the time at ours, Imagine having to share a line today.!

Oldsmobile-88

Saw Quo a couple of times down there. Awful place to get to.
A fair way down in Cornwall.A ball breaking journey in those days(Early to mid 80s)..A odd venue to have on the circuit.It had a decent capacity so was a good money spinner for the promoters who were moving away from the club type venues when record companies cut back on promoting & subsidising tours.

The Clash played there in 1981 supported by fantastic Theatre of Hate.What a gig that was.
I saw The Stranglers 3 times there.

Oldsmobile-88

These beauties would sting like hell when they hit you on the back of the thigh on a cold Saturday morning school team game.
7FB3CD81-66E4-48AD-AE57-2AFC53E464C9.jpeg

elginCity

......Cornwall Colosseum at Carlyon Bay,St Austell.
When camping at Hendra, Newquay a bunch of us yoof went there for a lech and a laugh - the Nolans. Being cheapskates the seats were much too far away to lech, so had to make do with the laugh !

Oldsmobile-88

When camping at Hendra, Newquay
Ah Hendra...Loved camping there in the early 1980s.
A great spot.

Alistair20000

When camping at Hendra, Newquay a bunch of us yoof went there for a lech and a laugh - the Nolans. Being cheapskates the seats were much too far away to lech, so had to make do with the laugh !
Thought you would have been camping around Europe in your yoof Elgers ? Dusky Southern maids, ice cool Nordic blondes, Bardot bikini types, statuesque German wenches with pig tails etc ;)

Oldsmobile-88

Players at the Snooker Tournaments with a alcoholic drink & a pack of fags on the table when sat down.

Steve Davis was ridiculed when he started his career for having Orange Juice on his table.

Canadian Bill Willbernek had about 6 pints per session to calm his nerves

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players at the Snooker Tournaments with a alcoholic drink & a pack of fags on the table when sat down.
Alex Higgins! :)

Alistair20000

Steve Davis was ridiculed when he started his career for having Orange Juice on his table.

Canadian Bill Willbernek had about 6 pints per session to calm his nerves
Big Bill also persuaded the taxman that the larger lols were tax deductible

Oldsmobile-88

Big Bill also persuaded the taxman that the larger lols were tax deductible
Yes..I remember something about that.