Things you dont see anymore

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I post them. HMRC sent a couple in the spring, I mailed them to my bank which is bleddy miles away and the money was in my account in a matter of days. It's a bit of a worry having your money trusted to Royal Mail but it turned out okay both times.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep..HMRC still like to post cheques out.
Had a nice one myself last year for a tax rebate.
There was a option to pay direct into a bank account but you have to be registered on the government site(which I have now,it’s handy for checking NI contributions over the years)

Oldsmobile-88

Elephant & Castle shopping centre.The first of its kind planned when it opened in 1964.

It was a great melting pot of all cultures from around the world.Unlike the sterile shopping malls we see today with their international business brands.

I always had a mooch around it when in that area of London.A real market feel about the place & always a bargain to be had.

Prime real estate in South London as was the Haygate Estate beside it(since sold & demolished in the latest social cleansing exercise)

Alistair20000

Brannigans crisps have been discontinued.
I must say they seem to have lost their profile over the years.

I am happy to adopt this as an epitaph:

“RIP Brannigans – I loved how your roast beef and mustard was an assault course on my mouth” was a homage. The food critic Tom Parker Bowles said the news brought “a tear to my eye. Just as those glorious crisps did with their mighty mustard blast.”

🔥

LOG

The beef and mustard were good for clearing your sinuses. I think the problem was that they were the equivalent of a shot of tequila rather than a session ale.