• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
CWT. I remember sacks of animal feed being half a hundredweight and difficult to do anything with as a young child.
Difficult to do anything with as an adult too. I've tried using it to make stir fries, hotspots, stews but nothing ever works and always tastes like shit.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Colesman Ballz

Difficult to do anything with as an adult too. I've tried using it to make stir fries, hotspots, stews but nothing ever works and always tastes like ****.
Take a leaf from the Ivor Dewdney recipe book and try using Kittie Kat, yummy !
(other brands are available).

OmanGrecian

The little black and white spinning sign in the top corner of the tv screen before a programme goes to adverts.

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

BED7B233-1019-4272-A15C-ADDBDEC785B5.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Hairnets.1D3BD6BB-4899-419A-B6D5-11872409BA25.jpeg

DB9

A little previous but soon to disappear:

GJW

A little previous but soon to disappear:

Thank god for that. My kids will have to look online only now. Although they were handy to stand on if I had to reach up to put stuff away in high places.

Oldsmobile-88

Tours taking in the South West by well known Bands & Artists (pre pandemic)
Bristol seems the limit westwards these days for major acts(at the soon to be renamed Colston Hall)

I was reminded about the Cornwall Coliseum at St Austell recently.All & sundry played there in the 1980s.Coaches were run from Exeter & other towns to the venue.

Even the Great Hall at Exeter University hosted a few major tours in the 1970s & 80s & to lesser extent St George’s Hall.

DB9

Bristol seems the limit westwards these days for major acts(at the soon to be renamed Colston Hall)

I was reminded about the Cornwall Coliseum at St Austell recently.All & sundry played there in the 1980s.Coaches were run from Exeter & other towns to the venue.

Even the Great Hall at Exeter University hosted a few major tours in the 1970s & 80s & to lesser extent St George’s Hall.
The Specials at Exeter Uni, The Smiths at The Cornwall Coliseum, Happy days!

GJW

Elephant Fayre in Cornwall, early eighties. Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Cure, the Fall, etc.