• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The What Should We Do With the Watkins Money Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We did also get the 800k (allegedly) for Ben Chrisene, so knocking on 5m income within a couple of weeks.

I think Brentford will be very gentlemanly regarding paying up their debt to us. They've done very well out of it and it will
pay for them to continue to maintain a good relationship with us, and vice versa.

i8cornwall

We did also get the 800k (allegedly) for Ben Chrisene, so knocking on 5m income within a couple of weeks.

I think Brentford will be very gentlemanly regarding paying up their debt to us. They've done very well out of it and it will
pay for them to continue to maintain a good relationship with us, and vice versa.
From what I have read Villa seem very gentlemanly when it comes to paying other clubs and acting in the right manner as well.

IndoMike

From what I have read Villa seem very gentlemanly when it comes to paying other clubs and acting in the right manner as well.
Well that's good. Brentford get paid and then we get paid . I guess most clubs are pretty correct about payment, but bound to be a couple of bad apples . How ya doing, Chelsea?

Max Payne 2

Man Utd's under 21's just took Salford to the cleaners in a trophy game. There's got to be a forward player there that would love L2.

IBA

Probably not to be fair

denzel

Man Utd's under 21's just took Salford to the cleaners in a trophy game. There's got to be a forward player there that would love L2.
They'd probably rather stay on their nice little academy bubble. Playing the occasional 'competitive' game against the likes of Salford gives them no incentive to move. It's why I oppose the inclusion of these sides in the competition.

IBA

It's usually u21 City players that go to big clubs not the other way around!!

andrew p long

No, because the full fee has been disclosed
not by the clubs though. For them it is ‘undisclosed’

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2020/september/ollie-watkins-joins-aston-villa-from-brentford/

the rest is rumour, speculation and social media.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps we could ask Preston if we can have Jordan Storey back on loan, using some of the cash to pay his wages, I don't think he's a regular starter for them?

IndoMike

Perhaps we could ask Preston if we can have Jordan Storey back on loan, using some of the cash to pay his wages, I don't think he's a regular starter for them?
One can but dream.