The What Should We Do With the Watkins Money Thread

Martin Lawrence

Plus the 3.5% from Villa, presumably!
I could be wrong, but my understanding of the FIFA regulations covering solidarity payments is that they apply to "cross boarder" transfers only. If that is the case then we are not entitled to anything from Villa. Hope I am wrong here :)

Boyo

I could be wrong, but my understanding of the FIFA regulations covering solidarity payments is that they apply to "cross boarder" transfers only. If that is the case then we are not entitled to anything from Villa. Hope I am wrong here :)
I think you could be right. Google(!) suggests it only applies for transfers between different associations.

So, if in the future he moves to Barca for £200m ...

Matt Phillips

Unfortunately the document quoted on the Watkins thread does state in the scope that it covers the "transfer between clubs belonging to different associations". It does though go on to say in 1.2 that national regulations "should also provide for a system to reward clubs investing in the training and education of young players" so let's hope that there's an equivalent FA documents, although given the power of the Premier League, I don't hold out much hope!

Martin Lawrence

Unfortunately the document quoted on the Watkins thread does state in the scope that it covers the "transfer between clubs belonging to different associations". It does though go on to say in 1.2 that national regulations "should also provide for a system to reward clubs investing in the training and education of young players" so let's hope that there's an equivalent FA documents, although given the power of the Premier League, I don't hold out much hope!
Thanks Matt that was my understanding. Fingers crossed there is something other than EPPP that apples here.