• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The TITLE Charge?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know Swindon had an outside chance of getting in the playoffs but they shouldn't be beating a team in pole position to be champions.FGR are falling apart under the pressure while it makes us stronger.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Th
I know Swindon had an outside chance of getting in the playoffs but they shouldn't be beating a team in pole position to be champions.FGR are falling apart under the pressure while it makes us stronger.
They've been falling apart for months but nobody wanted to believe it.

Bridgy 81

We now have an identical results record with FGR i.e. W23, D14, L7.
They have a better goal difference by 8 though, so it’s hard to see us overturning that in our tough 2 remaining games.
So, how about they win at home to Harrogate on Saturday and we draw at Northampton then in the final match they lose at Mansfield and we beat Port Vale in front of another packed SJP to take the title by 1 point?

grecIAN Harris

Deleted

We now have an identical results record with FGR i.e. W23, D14, L7.
They have a better goal difference by 8 though, so it’s hard to see us overturning that in our tough 2 remaining games.
So, how about they win at home to Harrogate on Saturday and we draw at Northampton then in the final match they lose at Mansfield and we beat Port Vale in front of another packed SJP to take the title by 1 point?
Or we could beat Northampton and they could draw with Harrogate and then we know a win against Port Vale is enough to crown Nostraharris

Grecian Max

Thought Swindon would do it tonight, shit or bust for them whereas FGR have been like a promotion zombie for months now, ambling along.

I suspect with the pressure off we could really take it to our next 2, very tough opponents but we’re still asking a lot of Harrogate I think. Let’s see.Love this though, a title attempt and the shackles off - would like to see see us going very attacking v Northampton now.

Trapdoor

Gonna be a party atmosphere at Northampton and Vale.

We are gonna win the league!

STURTZ

As long as winning the league was a possibility then we should go for it but as long as FGR were in the driving seat then it was out of our hands (if only Mansfield and then Bristol Rovers had beaten them ;)) anyway the league is so nearly in our hands that it would be churlish not to go for it. Bridgy's above prediction of how things might pan out is realistic, draw for us at northampton and imagine the excitement of our last game v Vale, tonight's celebrations would pale into insignificance!:D

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
While it would be great to beat Northampton and, with all the pressure on them, I reckon we have a real chance of doing so, I'd be happy enough with a draw at Sixfields, thereby ensuring the title race goes to the final day.

Exeter Till I Die

While it would be great to beat Northampton and, with all the pressure on them, I reckon we have a real chance of doing so, I'd be happy enough with a draw at Sixfields, thereby ensuring the title race goes to the final day.
Yea and beat shit hole PV on the final day. Drink 🍻 to that. For the title.