• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The TITLE Charge?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was at the games, I seem to remember Danny Bailey scoring at Vale Park at the away end. Obviously the events at the final whistle at the home game involving ref Bob Hamer were unforgettable - and made the news at 10 that night!
The Bob Hamer incident was the league game, not the autoglass game, I think.

I was also at the autoglass away game, what a bundle that was.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Bob Hamer incident was the league game, not the autoglass game, I think.

I was also at the autoglass away game, what a bundle that was.
It was.

I was also at the Autoglass away game and shouted “shooooooooot” to Danny Bailey before he unleashed his shot - I claim the assist!! Was gutting not to reach Wembley.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
GoT's masterpiece makes happier reading with each passing game! (y)
probs4.club

Red & White

It does look like FGR are performing the ultimate 'bottle job'. I think the title will be decided on the last game of the season.

from TPosOT with 2nd place cleared to show 1st place more clearly, now 36.8% to be champions, was 0.5% (1 in 200) at end of January.

1650115177185.png

So to be champions we need to gain 3 more points than FGR (or 2 pts & large goal diff swing = unlikley) this chart conveys this as points to percentage, so 6 more points gives 8% chance of being, champions, full 15 from 5 games gives 96%, 9 points is closest to 50/50 (47%)
1650116155869.png

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
So to be champions we need to gain 3 more points than FGR (or 2 pts & large goal diff swing = unlikley)
Pardon my ignorance, but Shirley we only need one point more than FGR to be champions (assuming no other team overtakes them)?

Edit - Ok I see what you mean. Doh.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pardon my ignorance, but Shirley we only need one point more than FGR to be champions (assuming no other team overtakes them)?
But they have 2 more points than us at the moment so we would need 2 points more than them between now and the end of the season to draw level with them and one more to finish above so we need a total of 3 more points than them over the next 5 games.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
But they have 2 more points than us at the moment so we would need 2 points more than them between now and the end of the season to draw level with them and one more to finish above so we need a total of 3 more points than them over the next 5 games.
Yes , which is obvious without needing a load of graphs. You just need to look at the table to know that. I just misread the post first time.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
The graphs are useful though, just 2 more points puts us at a 50/50 chance of autos, 4 puts us at 90+% chance of autos, 9 points puts us at 50/50 to win the title.