• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you have Subbuteo game in the house Mr Ballz ?

Here to help
Now I am aware that robots have been invented that can accomplish many tasks, although I must confess, I have not yet heard of one which could perform as the opposition with reference to said game. By nature I am a very competitive beast and thus playing against myself holds no appeal. I am definitely missing my Kenniford Farms sausage or hog roll bap, washed down by several pints of Yellowhammer, followed by the opportunity to loudly question the eyesight of the "men in black" or whatever trendy colour shirts they may be wearing at the time. But thank you for your kind suggestion anyway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Now I am aware that robots have been invented that can accomplish many tasks, although I must confess, I have not yet heard of one which could perform as the opposition with reference to said game. By nature I am a very competitive beast and thus playing against myself holds no appeal. I am definitely missing my Kenniford Farms sausage or hog roll bap, washed down by several pints of Yellowhammer, followed by the opportunity to loudly question the eyesight of the "men in black" or whatever trendy colour shirts they may be wearing at the time. But thank you for your kind suggestion anyway.
Cricket fans must have it worse, not having seen any since last September, and this weekend would have been wonderful to sandwich a game in between today's game against Morecambe, and Monday's game away to Mansfield.

Oldsmobile-88

Cricket fans must have it worse, not having seen any since last September, and this weekend would have been wonderful to sandwich a game in between today's game against Morecambe, and Monday's game away to Mansfield.
Don’t rub it in Hants 😁😁😎😎

Legohead

Banned
Don't the players all stand miles from one another in cricket anyway? If ever there was a team sport that already had social distancing it's cricket.

IndoMike

This isn't the cricket thread : it's about ECFC !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This isn't the cricket thread : it's about ECFC !
I mentioned the two Exeter games, so completely relevant.

IndoMike

I mentioned the two Exeter games, so completely relevant.
But the thread went off topic to cricket because you mentioned cricket and you said nothing about that. I don't mind, but please stop always picking my posts as being off-topic when many others also take the topic off road
Thank you.

Alistair20000

What threads on these boards don’t sometimes go off topic ?

IndoMike

What threads on these boards don’t sometimes go off topic ?
That was my point

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't the players all stand miles from one another in cricket anyway? If ever there was a team sport that already had social distancing it's cricket.
The same applies to some footballers... ;)