• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
Yes. Millions of people will be inconvenienced or worse. Education, holidays, businesses, weddings, anniversaries, religious ceremonies, a myriad of sports events, rock concerts: the list is endless. Nobody asked for this virus,
but we have to react. Sorry for those who have to postpone their weddings as I'm sorry for everyone else who will suffer to whatever degree.
Life and health more importantant than any individual event in the big scheme of things!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Life and health more importantant than any individual event in the big scheme of things!
Couldn't agree more.

Oldsmobile-88

Not sure how many smaller clubs are going to survive this. Quite a number are in a serious financial mess even when they do have revenue coming in.....
City look better placed than some.
Indeed.
It would be nice if the FA/PL offered financial help to clubs in L1 & L2 during this difficult period,to tide them over(I think we all know that is unlikely)

I would imagine the late cancellation of the game at SJP tomorrow will cost the club in excess of £50k(gate income,bars,hospitality,kiosks etc)

Worrying times for all clubs outside of the PL.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
Indeed.
It would be nice if the FA/PL offered financial help to clubs in L1 & L2 during this difficult period,to tide them over(I think we all know that is unlikely)

I would imagine the late cancellation of the game at SJP tomorrow will cost the club in excess of £50k(gate income,bars,hospitality,kiosks etc)

Worrying times for all clubs outside of the PL.
well the government needs to step up to the plate too!

DB9

The one thing that couldn't be argued surely is that Liverpool deserve their title.
Oh it can in a court of law, They say Liverpool win then all the other clubs lawyers would be at the PL door before you know it

Dannyred

Just heard on the wireless that they've done this in Scotland.
It makes sense in some ways but with doing that they need to shut schools and other busy activities with groups to stop the spread.

Cheltenham races is clearly All about making Money and should of been shut down.

Red Devon

This April date smacks of a holding position to me, considering early April is thought to be the start of the surge of virus cases, I would expect no footy anytime before June. I’m erring toward them announcing a complete cancellation of the season with all promotion and relegation issues null and void.
You maybe right there’ll probably be another delay until something like the 1 May then they’ll decide to null and void the season with the hope of starting again in August.

DB9

Cheltenham races is clearly All about making Money and should of been shut down.
And football isn't?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tiverton Town reporting that there will be a conference call this afternoon to discuss whether they need to call off games.
Southern League suspended til 22 March.

eurogrecian

On the finances, Julian Tagg says "we [the club] can ride this out" - at least until 3 April.
Good news, so far.