• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Docks were a soothing remedy for stinging nettles. Allegedly. I think it was spitting on them before wiping the stung area that brought the soothing.
But enough about the favourite weekend goings-on in the Devonport & Millbay area. Can we get back onto the coronavirus topic please?

Grecian2K

Hardly so malcs. Even since the beginning of the "sociamediazoic era" began we've had regular press panics about the latest version of some exotically named 'flu' -usually starting on autumnal "quiet news day"

IndoMike

WHO just declared Coronavirus as a pandemic. I'm not sure if that classification is related to the number of victims or the widespread nature of its impact, or both.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
WHO just declared Coronavirus as a pandemic. I'm not sure if that classification is related to the number of victims or the widespread nature of its impact, or both.
The spread across all or most countries, rather than the number of cases.

IndoMike

The spread across all or most countries, rather than the number of cases.
Thank you. I should have realised that by noting the prefix "pan". Doh!

geoffwp

should suffer no lasting effects. and then there will be immunity.
Im not sure that is correct, not in the longer term. Some are already on their second infection in China and Japan. Apparently the antibodies do not last that long. No surprise there i guess as just because I catch flue one winter doesn't stop me catching it the following year.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you. I should have realised that by noting the prefix "pan". Doh!
It's all Greek to me. Epi + demos -= many people; pan = everywhere or all (eg pandemonium = all the demons)

malcolms

Hardly so malcs. Even since the beginning of the "sociamediazoic era" began we've had regular press panics about the latest version of some exotically named 'flu' -usually starting on autumnal "quiet news day"
Yes, but this is not regional or domestic, this is global and the people that take pleasure in retweeting just about everything they read on their feeds are gorging on it.

iscalad

Im not sure that is correct, not in the longer term. Some are already on their second infection in China and Japan. Apparently the antibodies do not last that long. No surprise there i guess as just because I catch flue one winter doesn't stop me catching it the following year.
Different strains innit

jrg333

I do stand by my thoughts yes..
You stand by your assertion that flu kills more people than coronavirus?

I'd like to say that's admirable of you, but in fact it's plain darned stupid given that all reliable evidence points to the contrary. Don't forget: you claimed corona was a milder version of flu. That's absolute ********.

if you're going to get it - you're going to get it and should suffer no lasting effects. and then there will be immunity.
More nonsense. How would anyone possibly know about 'lasting effects' at this stage? The very few people that have been declared as having 'recovered' are all saying that the effects of their pneumonia are ongoing (bearing in mind this is men in their 30s getting pneumonia - just like flu, right mate?) and as for the longer-term and 'immunity', well you're just trying to pass off more guesses as facts, aren't you?

Reactions: WXF