• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

jrg333

Also, a healthy individual should not have any more servere effects than the Flu. Certainly, those with predisposed medical conditions should proceed with caution - as they should with the Flu, which kills more people.
What absolute rubbish. The flu only 'kills more people' because it's more prevalent over here. If you knew anything at all about the Corona Virus you'd know that the mortality rate is 20 times higher than in flu sufferers.

I get that people like to be all "chill out guys, it'll be fine" about this but spreading blatantly misleading information is just not on. Seriously poor form.

jrg333

What a useless contribution. The post you're apparently agreeing with - not sure why the Like button is so difficult for you to use, by the way - is full of nonsense. 'The flu kills more people' is one of the most naive summaries I've heard for a while. Low even by the standards of typical football forum discourse.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a useless contribution. The post you're apparently agreeing with - not sure why the Like button is so difficult for you to use, by the way - is full of nonsense. 'The flu kills more people' is one of the most naive summaries I've heard for a while. Low even by the standards of typical football forum discourse.
Naive, absurd
We've had a poster saying a vaccine will be available within 3 weeks/ within weeks and posters who compare the impact of Coronavirus with that of flu, when not even the experts know how many people will be affected
I can only say 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Alistair20000

You are entitled to your view as is everyone else. Even the medical experts cannot agree over this matter but the rush to press the panic button seems to me to be an absurd over reaction at this stage.

And yes, flu does kill a lot of people every year.

I know perfectly well how to use the Like button thank you and I will decide when I want to use it.

manc grecian

You are entitled to your view as is everyone else. Even the medical experts cannot agree over this matter but the rush to press the panic button seems to me to be an absurd over reaction at this stage.

I know perfectly well how to use the Like button thank you and I will decide when I want to use it.
This

eurogrecian

Closing down the premier league would be a big economic blow. But as it is mainly a tv event now, they would probably go ahead with games in empty grounds and televise instead if the UK ended up banning gatherings of more than 1,000 as some places have done.
I don't profess to know anything about COVID-19, but I do see some drastic actions being taken. Today, until 15/03 at least, they banned all events over 1000 people here in Switzerland including the Geneva Car Show which is megabucks.

For the Premiersh*t, I'm sure they can photoshop the crowd in and add a sound-track of rustling (prawn-cocktail) sandwich wrappers, but I presume that a ban on crowds at City would hit the Club hard. Fingers crossed for a soft-landing, but I fear the worst.....

IndoMike

But the statement you agreed with was "flu kills more people", not " flu kills a lot of people".
It"s not nice to talk about this topic since real people are affected, but at least try to avoid making baseless assertions..

AndrewP

This.

2 days old mind, numbers may have tweeked a smidgeon since then. I shall panic when there is something to panic about, untill such a time, let use comin sense.

Grecian2K

I'm in favour of all league football being suspended with immediate effect (well, at least before 3pm tomorrow) with promotion/relegation based on current standings.

As for the 'abandoned' play offs - well, just toss for it - even if in our division at least that would probably favour the biggest tossers (and we all know who they are)

IndoMike

This.

2 days old mind, numbers may have tweeked a smidgeon since then. I shall panic when there is something to panic about, untill such a time, let use comin sense.
Blimey. You must have dug deep to turf that out
You don't get it, do you? This is a new virus. Nobody knows to what extent it will spread and to what degree. Hopefully it will die out
quickly, but we don't know. So all the comparisons you are making are frankly worthless.
Nobody's panicking in my household, but nobody's talking a load of old carp either.
Finally, I think it's better you contact the Stock Exchanges, most health ministers around the world, airlines, event organizers, Cobra, and the WHO, amongst others, because I think you need to persuade them that they're being daft