• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The same applies to some footballers... ;)
Ryan Harley, but only when on a footie pitch ?

Not sure social distancing was a strong point of his in the company of the ladies mind.

Sorry Ryan, you are still a legend matey.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I mean, there's a pandemic and no football for the foreseeable future... Maybe we could have an amnesty on thread topic fidelity?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Mildly amusing

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I mean, there's a pandemic and no football for the foreseeable future... Maybe we could have an amnesty on thread topic fidelity?
No.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Mildly amusing
This is on the former players thread.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is on the former players thread.
Fascinating, but completely off topic piece of trivia.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to see the guys behind the real ale bar got together for a beer this afternoon.

Though each were in their own houses!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if its already been mentioned on the thread as I haven't read through, but is there a possibility that in the medium term City might benefit from this $hite situation?

Don't get me wrong I don't want to see one club fold from this, however we will survive this situation relatively well compared to many clubs due to our bank balance. In the next couple of seasons this could mean our playing budget is substantially healthier than many of our rivals.

On the flip side it might have a negative impact on the sale of Watkins.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Three games left of the season, if we'd been playing. Mansfield away, Carlisle at home and then finishing the season at Brisbane Road. So, would we have been really excited after yesterday's game at home to Morecambe, nervous about position in the table, or resigned to our fate of the play offs again?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sadly it did feel like our season was beginning to fall away a bit...by not being able to add some much needed firepower in the January window like our rivals.