• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
IMO, they won't restart on 4th April.

It will be extended until beyond the end of April.
I suppose the Euros will be cancelled now?

iscalad

I suppose the Euros will be cancelled now?
Talk of postponing till 2021

Banksy

Easy for you to say if you're not the one getting married.

Would think the issue is between players and their clubs.

Quite. I hope it doesn't come to it but think it's now entirely conceivable, if not probable, this season will not be concluded.
I think you may be right , quite a mess. But as Mike said it’s not the most important thing with everything else going on around us.

A wedding can be rearranged : I'm sure all parties involved would be understanding. Anyway, if it's postponed presumably the virus is still a problem, in which case a wedding is not a good idea anyway, is it?
It can but people may have booked/paid for flights and hotels. This is/will cause massive financial implications.

Dannyred

The Women’s matches have been cancelled till April 3rd

I wonder if they will cancel grassroots games next.

LOG

I wonder if they will cancel grassroots games next.
Just heard on the wireless that they've done this in Scotland.

cant believe Cheltenham is still on - massive crowds packed in like sardines!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tiverton Town reporting that there will be a conference call this afternoon to discuss whether they need to call off games.

IndoMike

It can but people may have booked/paid for flights and hotels. This is/will cause massive financial implications.
Yes. Millions of people will be inconvenienced or worse. Education, holidays, businesses, weddings, anniversaries, religious ceremonies, a myriad of sports events, rock concerts: the list is endless. Nobody asked for this virus,
but we have to react. Sorry for those who have to postpone their weddings as I'm sorry for everyone else who will suffer to whatever degree.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
They then can't award Liverpool the title either, as they would have to be accepting (legally, I guess) that the league positions at the time of suspension are the valid end-of-season positions; at which point, they have to promote/relegate all of the teams in those respective positions, surely?
I reckon the virus was created in Manchester to stop Liverpool winning the title with a record points haul..........here's proof: