• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shake hands after you have played..
...And then wash them thoroughly 👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Statement from the EFL

LOG

Before the USA v England women's match last night they were bumping forearms (there may be a more street way of putting this) rather than shaking hands.

Sidey's back

Before the USA v England women's match last night they were bumping forearms (there may be a more street way of putting this) rather than shaking hands.
In the hood, we call this the "half octopus".

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think they should ban goal celebrations, all this leaping on one another, kissing and cuddling could cause an epidemic. I realise this is more pertinent to other teams rather than us at present but it's clearly a disaster waiting to happen. Club doctors take note.

GJW

The pre match hand shakes are being curtailed.
One hopes the daft custom that has crept into the game will be permanently stopped once this is all over.
Shake hands after you have played..
Personally, I’d like to see a pre-match line up with walk past and face slap to get the players in the right mood before the game. This includes the officials. So the players all give each of the opposition a face slap and everyone gets to slap the officials. Mascots Would be exempted from receiving slaps but have the option of slapping an official if they can reach.
Like you I would have hand shakes after.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Personally, I’d like to see a pre-match line up with walk past and face slap to get the players in the right mood before the game. This includes the officials. So the players all give each of the opposition a face slap and everyone gets to slap the officials. Mascots Would be exempted from receiving slaps but have the option of slapping an official if they can reach.
Like you I would have hand shakes after.
Unless of course the officials are the Piemaster huxtable or swabey then a swift kick in the knackers is a fair shout.

geoffwp

Anyone know if malc is back from his Dubai fest or if he's in quarantine for having been too glib about it all? 😊

Grecian2K

Unless of course the officials are the Piemaster huxtable or swabey then a swift kick in the knackers is a fair shout.
And, after last Tuesday, a short, sharp , very firm grip on referee Lee's "Sway-beys" just to check that the "Cornishmans" nuts balanced in the Crewe promotion clash as uneven handedly as his officiating ought to have been?

(Even neutral observers in the L2 Forum have commented how unbelievably shi-ite he was)

malcolms

Anyone know if malc is back from his Dubai fest or if he's in quarantine for having been too glib about it all? 😊
Back, and not in the least "glib" about it. Just not rushing around waving my arms in the air like some....