The Thoughts Of John Coleman

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
A fair analysis I think. Was great that we got the points, but I think it's fair to say that had we played as Accrington did and hit the woodwork twice at one all before losing to a goal like ours we would have felt disappointed not to have at least taken one points from it.

Accrington as a side are impressive. They get awful crowds mainly due to their non league roots and close proximity to so many northern sides from higher leagues, but they have built a decent side who to date are in a great position to at least make the play offs. I understand they have had an injection of cash recently but budget wise we would surely have nothing to fear from them.

Alistair20000

Accy are as good a side as any seen at SJP this season. An honest report with a degree of humility.
I agree with that. Some big strong skilful players and matey on the right wing had a touch of class. Gas looked pretty good too when we robbed them of the points a few weeks back. I see Accy entertain them next week.

dontpassback

Played some nice stuff,and along with Bristol rovers have been one of the better teams to visit the park.I would expect them to be up in the mix come the end of season.

Antony Moxey

But then again we could have scored two or three in the first couple of minutes before they opened the scoring with their first attack of the game. Their effort that hit the inside of the post was unlucky for them, but it did fall a bit kindly for them after a great Troy block. The second one off the bar was nowhere near going in after deflecting off one of our defenders onto the top of the bar. We also had one almighty scramble in their box with seemingly everyone having a blast that got blocked by arses, elbows and anything else they could get in the way.

However, it was good of Coleman to say he had no complaints and that was football. They played well and so did we, and if you look at how we - and Stockley in particular - absolutely battered them in the first 20 minutes I'd say it wasn't the i fairest result there's even been, and it's not like haven't been on the end of a few where we've been completely robbed.