• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The SJP pitch - 2022/23

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
As a comparison, this was Tivvy's pitch yesterday...

I'm no groundsman but I think that is the difference between having an integrated sprinkler system as well as several thousand pounds worth of investment. Oh , and Chas 😉

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Coventry’s game was called off yesterday due to the state of their pitch!
The problems of also using the pitch for Rugby.
Especially hosting the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens right on top of the new season. It looked pretty ropy by the finals day.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would it be limited extraction? It's not as though any water is taken away..........it just goes back to where it started from!!! Recycling at its best.
Not true, sadly. Any water that doesn't evaporate, would end up in the pitch drainage system that ultimately feeds into the victorian drainage funnelling down Oxford Rd.

Reactions: WXF

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm no groundsman but I think that is the difference between having an integrated sprinkler system as well as several thousand pounds worth of investment. Oh , and Chas 😉
Absolutely. I only shared at as someone mentioned what the effect would be of not watering our pitch if we had a hosepipe ban.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely. I only shared at as someone mentioned what the effect would be of not watering our pitch if we had a hosepipe ban.
100 volunteers with watering cans?

gilbertshoot

"It's a Chas thing, it's a Chas thing"

SaintJames

100 volunteers with watering cans?
Would probably need around 1000 watering cans to do much worth methinks

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Coventry’s game was called off yesterday due to the state of their pitch!
The problems of also using the pitch for Rugby.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's terrible and really unprofessional. How do you get to the day before the first game of the season and decide the pitch isn't good enough. Whoever is in charge of looking after these things should lose their job.

To say its tinpot is a massive understatement.

Boyo

That's terrible and really unprofessional. How do you get to the day before the first game of the season and decide the pitch isn't good enough. Whoever is in charge of looking after these things should lose their job.

To say its tinpot is a massive understatement.
The football club don’t own the stadium, which was used for the Commonwealth rugby 7s. There were x66 fourteen min games over a couple of weeks.