• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great that we sold Pondy for £750k ish but that doesn't help our defensive crisis !

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
The irony is, our two centre halves scored our goals.
Ironic yes but I would have prefeered them to defend ;)

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am fairly confident that we would have won that tonight with Stubbs and Cheick playing. What is it with City that when we start to look good and make progress we get plagued with injuries to key players. Many seasons are the same.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shrews were poor but grew in to the game and we faded. If you're cr@p at the back you're not going to achieve. Last season our defence was so solid and we won away 1 nil a lot. I'm confident if our usual centre halves were available we'd have won that.

Our wing backs were poor second half, Nombe looked off the pace a bit but I thought that last game as well. Key looks L1 standard at best, not sure he's gonna get that big move.

It was crying out for Smith in the last 20 mins not the last 2.

Were the fark is Stubbs? I thought he was over his knee problems last season but clearly not. We desperately needed him tonight to organise that back line.

P!ssed off but a win on Saturday and all will feel okay again.

God save the King.

dontpassback

Opportunity for at least a point thrown away 😡😡😡

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unbelievable.
Poor second half from us but still more than good enough to get at least a point. More poor defending for the winner. Grounds has probably picked up a knock after that disgraceful challenge so he will be out on Saturday.
Things aren't going our way at the moment.

Grecianpasty

I thought Blackman had a great game
My first instinct with the first two goals was that he could have done better. Highlights will give us a clearer picture when they come out.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obvious to say but conceding the first goal so soon after going 2-1 up ****** us. Would much rather it had stayed 1-0 at that point. We always looked dangerous but seemed to fade a bit in the final 30 mins, so a Shrewsbury winner was always likely. Just so gutting it came so late.

This might be controversial but I’m heartened that we tried to push forward all game. Ok so had we been able to shut up shop and won, it would have been perfect but I think MT felt attack was our best form of defence tonight as we were so threadbare at the back.

Not the end of the world and we’ve got a great opportunity to put it right on Saturday.

UTC

Grecianpasty

I do think we need to gain a bit of perspective though. Hartidge, Stubbs and Cheick where all out of the starting line up. That's a big loss to any team with those same injuries.

thermopylai

Bollox.
That was frustrating. Arguably some of our best attacking play balanced by our worst defending. Ever.