• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The sh*tstorm commeth

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for clarifying that big fellah, wasn't trying to trip you up.

Whenever you see these highly-qualified, eminent economists scratching their collective heads on TV, you know there's no easy answer to avoiding the sh*tstorm that commeth.

Only way out I can envisage is with the global interlinking of banking, bondholding etc, carry out what's called an orderly default between the players, or maybe extend the credit terms for many more years, remortgage if you will.

Regards my query on 'real wealth', I crave a new world system that values real wealth, the creators of 'things' that people build, construct, service and use, and relegates those parasites who exploit and manipulate virtual wealth like those who've gained so obscenely, in eg financial services.

Poultice

Regards my query on 'real wealth', I crave a new world system that values real wealth, the creators of 'things' that people build, construct, service and use, and relegates those parasites who exploit and manipulate virtual wealth like those who've gained so obscenely, in eg financial services.
Amen to that.

Mr Jinx

Today is the day of reckoning.

If the markets crash 3/4/5% again today, I'd say double dip is fairly inevitable.

If they rebound then the pressure's off...for a bit.

I just wish there would be drastic action taken on Greece. Merkel/Sarks et al are still pussyfooting round the issue imho.

elginCity

Markets stabilising as I type ha ha.

Came across this article, quite an interesting read..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14972015

The days of spending money we do not have on things we do not need to impress people we do not care about are over.

Living well is about good nutrition, decent homes, access to good quality services, stable communities, satisfying employment.

Poultice

Today is the day of reckoning.

If the markets crash 3/4/5% again today, I'd say double dip is fairly inevitable.

If they rebound then the pressure's off...for a bit.
Isn't that the problem though, the nominal value of all the companies in the world as expressed on these markets is simply a symptom, the fact that speculators drive the prices down and back up again to generate profits has little or no impact in the real world, it's the debt mountain that matters and violent swings in market values only serve to exacerbate that.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
That's way too simplistic to the point of being false.

ecfc01

Can some one sum up in short what the f*ck is this thread banging on about?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can some one sum up in short what the f*ck is this thread banging on about?
In two words: Financial Crisis.

Its not good, but at least we can all retreat into the dullfest that is Exeweb (until Mr Exeweb starts charging us) :-O

ecfc01

Charging us??? Blimey not even pasoti is that desperate for money

Mr Jinx

That's way too simplistic to the point of being false.
Well, we shall see. As of now, they're holding up. I have a feeling they're all waiting for the 2pm watershed to see if another plate of dung is served up by Uncle Sam in the way of bad data.