• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

Copernicus

I must confess that I feel little hate for Torquay and think the two matches against them would create a lot of interest. Hating Torquay is a bit like wanting to kick sand in the geek's face at the beach.
I say "arise from the ashes Torquay and give us some fun in Div 2."
I don't remember who said it here on Exeweb, many years ago, but.... Playing Torquay is like playing your little brother at Subuteo, you get no pleasure from beating him, but you can not let gobby little shyte win.

Sums it up perfectly I think and credit to the original poster!

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I don't remember who said it here on Exeweb, many years ago, but.... Playing Torquay is like playing your little brother at Subuteo, you get no pleasure from beating him, but you can not let gobby little shyte win.

Interestingly its exactly how Argyle feel about us, except we are the little brother.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interestingly its exactly how Argyle feel about us, except we are the little brother.
Oh I think you should look at their boards even near playing us or after we dicked them 4-0 recently, They care and they hate us, They have no other rival near, Torquay they put an arm round them and neither Bristol clubs or Pompey don't care about them or see them as rivals because they have their own local rivalries.

Pobbop

Yeah, pretty sure they sing a number of songs about us in their Cornish bacteria breeding ground they call stands. Have we ever had a song about Torquay.

Grecian2K

Yeah, pretty sure they sing a number of songs about us in their Cornish bacteria breeding ground they call stands. Have we ever had a song about Torquay.
Possibly this one?
(I think that might be Granville Gull on the double bass)

geoffwp

Only;
Smile at the Torquay, we only smile at the Torquay.
as far as I remember anyway.

Reactions: DB9

Grecian Max

Complete nonsense, any real city or argyle fan will know that

Decent trolling mind

andrew p long

I think it was originally Alan Crockford (and probably in Exe Directory)

STURTZ

Brian Clough said to Bill Shankly
Have you heard of the bogside at Torquay?
Shanks said no, I don't think so
But I've heard of The Cowshed, City.

denzel

So Torquay now have two weeks to wait and then if they win that, another 8 days until the final. 4 days before the fixtures are out.

Dragging it out in the National League. So glad we are out of it.