• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only 500 odd which was very embarrassing, considering it’s the only “big” game they have
Taunton and Weymouth they will take more for

Grecian Max

Taunton and Weymouth they will take more for
Yes, but Torquay is still their biggest match from a competitive stand point v another Pro side

500 when on such a winning run is terrible

Devon Red

Watched the highlights a minute ago for some reason. Can't believe how tinpot Torquay are. From their ground, to their awful kit to their awful team to their dwindling fan base. I can't see us playing them in the league for a very long time if ever.

Grecian Max

Watched the highlights a minute ago for some reason. Can't believe how tinpot Torquay are. From their ground, to their awful kit to their awful team to their dwindling fan base. I can't see us playing them in the league for a very long time if ever.
Went down there to watch Bath 2 weekends ago and felt the same. Plainmoor is also falling to pieces, quite sad to see. Rubbish heaps, rusted signs falling off - the set up at SJP is lightyears away even if we do feel limited.

geoffwp

The way things currently are for us that statement may come back to haunt you

Devon Red

I did think that, but thinking we are going to the conference because of a bad run in league 1 is slightly extreme at this stage.

Also, they are as likely to go out of business as they are to get back into the EFL.

SaintJames

I did think that, but thinking we are going to the conference because of a bad run in league 1 is slightly extreme at this stage.

Also, they are as likely to go out of business as they are to get back into the EFL.
Given their situation of retaining full time status is reliant on getting promoted this season, a failure to do so could ultimately lead to the owner jacking it in. With debts od around £4m it's entirely conceivable they will go bust and have to start again like Hereford did

Banksy

Funny , I was thinking exactly the same Geoff .Once the rot sets in and all that it wouldn’t be too far to drop to non league.Yeovil another example.I’d hope though that we’ve got a little more about us what with the academy and all.Can’t afford to get complacent though and have to stay with it with this Caldwell situation. If he can’t handle it and the Board dither he could easily pull us all the way down.

Last edited:

jimmy

Ladies and gentlemen. Can we cross each bridge when it comes please. We are in an awful run of form in LEAGUE ONE. Let's make the best decision to address that. We don't need to contemplate relegation to non-league just yet.

denzel

Went down there to watch Bath 2 weekends ago and felt the same. Plainmoor is also falling to pieces, quite sad to see. Rubbish heaps, rusted signs falling off - the set up at SJP is lightyears away even if we do feel limited.
Looks like they are holding out for a new stadium. Interesting comments about why owning their ground is so important, im sure there are no down sides whatsoever..