• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

Boyo

If Bishop Stortford's aim is to go for promotion they will need to set up as a club with potential national fixtures anyway.
I think the irony is that Bishop Stortford would do many fewer miles in the National League, compared to to the National North. There's lots of London clubs in the National which are of course very easy for Bishop Stortford.

1684839280614.png

lamrobhero

There must be an answer as to the League North and South compositions that minimises travel distance. I do not know if the decision made is it or maybe it would take 10 supercomputers 100 years to work it out?

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There must be an answer as to the League North and South compositions that minimises travel distance. I do not know if the decision made is it or maybe it would take 10 supercompuers 100 years to work it out?
I did consider the thought of a West/East split instead especially given how from Devon it's easier to head up the M5/M6 to the North than to get across to Kent, but it's not a solution for all unfortunately.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
There must be an answer as to the League North and South compositions that minimises travel distance. I do not know if the decision made is it or maybe it would take 10 supercomputers 100 years to work it out?
Or give it to 19 monkeys with a typewriter.......

andrew p long

I did wonder whether it's the sort of thing that Grecian on Tyne could do. Needs input of the geographical co-ordinates of each club in both National League North and South and then running every different combination of 2 divisions of 24 each....

Grecian2K

Where the NL is concerned they would also need to factor in the sturdiness of the stagecoaches being used, the stamina of the horses and the availability of coaching inns on the routes.:rolleyes:

Rosencrantz

I will leave opinions of this to the fashionista's of these boards 😉

Radio Free Skaro

Torquay's kit is pretty unique and in it's own way iconic! as opposed to our kit, which is the same or similar to several different clubs. Having said all that, the 2023/24 version for Torquay is an embarrassment that looks like kids pyjamas.

Ex-ciderrr

The away kit is alright, the home however one of the worst I’ve seen in years throughout football.

Grecian2K

The away kit is alright, the home however one of the worst I’ve seen in years throughout football.
OMFG.
It looks like there was an unfortunate eruption of extremely weak lager and black down the front after a gassy session at Boots & Laces. 🤢