• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

dontpassback

Yep

Perfectly put.

Having said all that we played quite poorly on the day & still should have won, even allowing for the ref.
Extra time, they had gone.. completely.
That was the time to win the game.

We even beat Hartlepool 5-0 on their patch.

Still, that's sport.

We'll be up there again next season.
I think Gary Johnson is a good manager and next season I hope you go up automatically,I couldn’t see any problem with your 2 disallowed goals

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Torquay have announced their retained list, au revoir former Grecian Gary Warren and seven others, but Gary Johnson does advise of exciting signings coming

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Torquay have announced their retained list, au revoir former Grecian Gary Warren and seven others, but Gary Johnson does advise of exciting signings coming
Exciting signings? Where have I heard that recently? 🤔🤔

Banksy

Exciting signings? Where have I heard that recently? 🤔🤔
Perhaps Gary’s the one who’s been poaching Matt’s prospective signings.Naughty man.

Banksy

Perhaps one of his exciting signings is Nicky Ajose dropping down a league?

elginCity

Back in January, the Swindon Robins speedway team withdrew from the 2021 Premiership, due primarily to the disruption to be caused by the 'significant' building works of their new state-of-the art stadium, first promised by the TUFC Chairman back in 2016. Appears there's not a peg in the ground to date. The Gulls have been promised a new stadium too, by the same outfit, wonder which of the two, if any, will be built first ?

Colesman Ballz

Back in January, the Swindon Robins speedway team withdrew from the 2021 Premiership, due primarily to the disruption to be caused by the 'significant' building works of their new state-of-the art stadium, first promised by the TUFC Chairman back in 2016. Appears there's not a peg in the ground to date. The Gulls have been promised a new stadium too, by the same outfit, wonder which of the two, if any, will be built first ?
If you are a sports fan in Swindon, you could soon just be left with non league Swindon Supermarine to support ! :(

Of course said Chairman did at least manage to get something built, an IKEA and shopping park at Eastville before leaving Bristol Rovers (homeless).

dontpassback

Speedway and promises don’t mix,you only have to look at the falcons and a certain egg chaser plan turned out

denzel

There are limited options for a relocation in Torquay. Why would they move and where would they go? And why would you trust anyone saying that they can deliver it?

rick whitemore

There are limited options for a relocation in Torquay. Why would they move and where would they go? And why would you trust anyone saying that they can deliver it?
anywhere capable of holding pub football will be good for Torquay! infact down the road from me is a park, all they need is 4 jumpers for goalposts and the chipnickers have a ground worthy of their status :ROFLMAO: