• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The season thus far

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think to summarise this season it depends on whether you are a 'glass half full' or 'glass half empty' kind of person.

I predicted us to finish around mid table before a ball was kicked so I suppose on that basis I'm quite pleased.

I am also of the opinion that if we fail to reach the play offs this season we should be searching for a new manager. I have always liked MT and have backed him when others haven't, however he will have had more than enough time to make progress and failure to reach the top 7 indicates no progress throughout his tenure.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Season 1986/87 We didn’t lose until November 1 - We finished the season with our record number of draws!
18th October 1986.

949109A0-A848-4EFC-8C86-A699781FED10.jpeg

fred binneys head

Pretty sure we lost at Preston that year for our first defeat.

Andy_H

I do love to see these cuttings from 'Pink-uns', if only to look at the teams in the two lower leagues and realsie where they are - or are not - now.
Something comforting about the old 'Football' papers, i remember walking, quite fast, down to Barnes the Newsagents in Crediton to be there when the football papers were dropped off by the bus from Exeter. They were a bit like Dr Dave's weather reports, a reminder that its Saturday again and football day.

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

Pretty sure we lost at Preston that year for our first defeat.
Yep...Lost to a last minute goal...Keith Viney scored a belter to equalise initially.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Yep...Lost to a last minute goal...Keith Viney scored a belter to equalise initially.
Didn't Keith Viney always score belters when he did score.

paperclip

Hereford away in 1986, now that was a lively away trip!

Grecian2K

Hereford away in 1986, now that was a lively away trip!
Always enjoyed my trips to Edgar Street. Even in our own "tin pot" days (apart, of course, from that ludicrously narrow away turnstile)

And the fact that, latterly, we were always crammed into that little concrete pig pen on the side, while the capacious terracing behind the goal was left (criminally?) empty just to rot away.

Oh, in addition to the above RONNIE EFFING RADFORD!

Red Devon

Deepdale on the plastic :(

Oldsmobile-88

Deepdale on the plastic :(
Yes..The first season it was used.Did you travel up on the coach for that game John ?