• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Run In

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
With you on that. Third or eighth for me, I really don’t want the playoffs again.
Antony I could not agree more particularly if we ended up playing the Franchise either in the semifinals or finals. Knocking them out would be the best feeling in the world but losing the worst. Prefer to avoid any chance of the latter so no thanks.

mustangspeed2006

Antony I could not agree more particularly if we ended up playing the Franchise either in the semifinals or finals. Knocking them out would be the best feeling in the world but losing the worst. Prefer to avoid any chance of the latter so no thanks.
Wow, I'm glad the manager and players don't share this attitude. I mean, we might as well just resign from the league if we're not going to bother trying to achieve the most out of a season (even if that means competing in the play-offs).

Football is full of ups and downs, good days and bad days. Sure, we could get knocked out in our pursuit for promotion (don't really get this fixation on MK Dons), but it's the excitement and nerves surrounding this uncertainty that makes it worthwhile attending the games.

Nah, let's just finish in 8th place and bring on the close season... :S

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I suggest you grow a pair of testicles.

Antony Moxey

Wow, I'm glad the manager and players don't share this attitude.
Well duh. Being a supporter I am allowed any attitude I fancy, however I am not being paid to win football matches so of course the players and manager shouldn't think the same as supporters.

geoffwp

Time to ***** them out and pot them on. Suggest a good John Innes number1. Don't over water or they'll just go limp.

elginCity

I’m very rapidly hating the playoffs.
Me too. An artificial commercial construct where even the Wembley factor is diluted to the extent where going to a half empty (and worse) stadium means very little now. Ironic considering having never seen us play at the original stadium, how much that first visit meant.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Language Timothy my suggestion to you if you are incapable of saying anything sensible or constructive keep stum.

fred binneys head

Perfectly capable me old china, just not necessary in this instance. You’re scared of the playoffs so you need to be told to be braver. So grow a pair.

Red Devon

So if we don't end up in the top 3, you'd prefer us to finish outside the play-offs
No!! I would not...the 1 in 4 chance to win promotion still gives us hope and something I’d never say no to no matter how many disappointments we’ve had in the past....I’d love to see us take on MK Dons in the final rather than sit at home and watch a club like FGR have the opportunity to win promotion instead of us.

Matt Russell

Perfectly capable me old china, just not necessary in this instance. You’re scared of the playoffs so you need to be told to be braver. So grow a pair.
Someone else put it something like this.
The only thing to fear is fear itself.