• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'The Rise of the City' poster?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi all,

Was rummaging through my City tickets and newspaper clippings of the last decade recently, and realised I was missing one of the 'Rise of the City' film posters they did in 2008, but I'm not sure if they were made into actual posters or was it just a funny mock-up in the paper?

Cheers

DanceMagnet

Hi all,

Was rummaging through my City tickets and newspaper clippings of the last decade recently, and realised I was missing one of the 'Rise of the City' film posters they did in 2008, but I'm not sure if they were made into actual posters or was it just a funny mock-up in the paper?

Cheers
Still got one at home in one of the poster frames.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still got one at home in one of the poster frames.
Oh so it was actually a poster.

If anyone has one that they wouldn't mind selling, I would like to buy it off you. Send me a PM. (y)

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Coincidentally, I was thinking about that poster a few days ago and wishing I had got one at the time. It was displayed and given out when we shared a marquee with Gemini FM at the Devon County Show (another public platform we no longer pursue) - but was it 2008....I thought it was at least the year before?

I don't know who designed it, but it is excellent (we seem to struggle to produce stuff like that these days). Iirc it featured Lee Phillips?

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
There were posters produced for both Wembley trips, and both have pride of place on the wall at home.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Both posters were designed and printed by Ashley House Printing Company. And what a great job they did too.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Thanks Sums. As you say.....brilliant.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
amazing posters!!!!!! i would dearly love to have a copy of them....

Antony Moxey

Nice one Sums. Got a few of the second one but none, I think, of the first. Both are great efforts.

Shortround

If anyone has a spare 1st one would gladly buy it off you please

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same for me with both of them.