• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Probability Thread 2021 … now with website: probs4.club

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Need to win 2 out of every 3 games for the rest of the season. Unrealistic. I expect us to just about scrape into the playoffs again and have another year of disappointment.
I'm not sure, we could get 79 points, which was enough for 2nd and 3rd when Bury and MK went up with 8 wins 4 draws 3 losses, just over a win every other game

Similarly, we don't tend to scrape into the play offs when we've made them, in fact being comfortable - if we were 4-7th then I expect us to be pretty comfortably within there.

Grecian Max

Bradford over 15 games have collected a massive 34 points, whilst Tranmere have taken 30. Are either of these 2 massively better than us? On the performances against us I'd say no....

Either of those tallies in the last 15 games would get us autos.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bradford over 15 games have collected a massive 34 points, whilst Tranmere have taken 30. Are either of these 2 massively better than us? On the performances against us I'd say no....

Either of those tallies in the last 15 games would get us autos.
This.

We need to average two points a game, 30 more points, from the last 15 games, to be in the pound seats for automatic promotion, though it could well need a couple less. Not impossible, it's been done regularly in the past, but we need to turn draws into wins to do that.

The pessimist in me expects another playoff heartache.:(:(:(:(

StroudGrecian

Not sure that's still going this season. What about the FA Youth Cup?
Flashscore has the last-16 games scheduled from 19th March to 3rd April, with us playing Leicester on the 3rd.

View attachment 5657City's automatic promotion chances have gone down to 4.8% from 35.2% after the last two defeats.

more charts at:

Only positive point I can get from yesterday's results is with Bradford, Carlisle, Crawley & Salford failing to win good chance playoffs places will be filled with the current top 8.

so 24 points from 12 games (W7,D3,L2) only give ~20% chance of autos ... is it possible to better 2 points per game?

Trapdoor

Is it possible to better 2 points per game?
Yes, you can get 3 points per game. ;)

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 5657City's automatic promotion chances have gone down to 4.8% from 35.2% after the last two defeats.

View attachment 5656

more charts at:
Presuming that’s now done to 1% max after last night

andrew p long

should this be renamed the *possibility* thread instead...