• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Probability Thread 2014.

Hoped I would not have to do another one of these this season, but back by popular demand, update graphs.

at 5.4% probably lower than what many would suggest.

still looking for 5 or 6 more points for safety.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Big leap for Morecambe this week...still don't think Accy and Wimbledon are sleeping too soundly yet.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big leap for Morecambe this week...still don't think Accy and Wimbledon are sleeping too soundly yet.
Wimbledon's last 2 games are Morecambe (h) and Accy (a)

Still find it hard to believe we only have a 5% chance of going down and yet we have needed to get to 52 points, by both convention and mathematical probability for 2 months now. So are we going to get at least 5 points from 5 games, given the games we have and the form we are in? I'd say at best it was 50-50 shot that we do.

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Torquay are 99.8% relegated.

Love it. :D Although the other 0.2% may still take a couple of weeks.

Thanks for doing the bar graph again. I feel things are worse than that, but my brain is not a supercomputer.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
is the op still working on the probabilities from post 32?

Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
is the op still working on the probabilities from post 32?
I guess so!

PeteUSA

What you people seem to be failing to take into consideration, is that we've got an inconsistant goalkeeper, with no other half decent keeper to take his place, should he get injured. Niether of the two backup GK's we've got is ready for the rigours of League 2, particularly in a relegation dog fight, which I feel we can safely say we're in!

Red Devon

What you people seem to be failing to take into consideration, is that we've got an inconsistant goalkeeper, with no other half decent keeper to take his place, should he get injured. Niether of the two backup GK's we've got is ready for the rigours of League 2, particularly in a relegation dog fight, which I feel we can safely say we're in!
I'm a lot more concerned with who's going to score the goals to keep us up rather than who the goalkeeper is...isn't it 3 shots on target in 188 minutes now.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
In view of today's results (especially Northampton's), may we have an update please, Mr G-O-T?.

Silver fox

In view of today's results (especially Northampton's), may we have an update please, Mr G-O-T?.
I don't need any charts to know we are nearly Fooked!