• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Probability Thread 2009

finetime

Yeah we all computers can add up, trouble is they can't think for themselves.
Computers don't do maths, either.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
agreed, and there is no allowance for the Gill/Stewart/Edwards factor that their experience brings at this stage of the season.

Computers don't do maths, either.
excel does ;)

Poultice

agreed, and there is no allowance for the Gill/Stewart/Edwards factor that their experience brings at this stage of the season.
Or the bustling aggression and purpose that Bertie brings to help out the above mentioned geriatrics.

Poultice

excel does ;)
Excel don't do maffs, all it does is sums.

Mackster

You put sh*t in, you get sh*t out.

maffs doesn't do humans.

Simples.

Poultice

You put sh*t in, you get sh*t out.

maffs doesn't do humans.

Simples.
Hmmmmm ! Interesting.

Perhaps you could do us a few pictures to help us to understand this deep and meaningful concept wot you have come up wiv ?

Excel does what you tell it to do – within reason - it will do your sums, can do some maffs - it will also give you the probability of City gaining automatic promotion (0.2773) - you just need to know how to ask nicely.

Chalicefc3

Come play with us Danny, forever and ever and ever
Hmmmmm ! Interesting.

Perhaps you could do us a few pictures to help us to understand this deep and meaningful concept wot you have come up wiv ?
Tee hee hee :) This maths while mindbogglingly brilliant is nothing short of being crap! Too many variable factors to effectively be a "mortgage backer", I think there's more reliability in spinning John Leslie's Wheel of Fortune. We'll do this league based on our winning games and others slipping up........and to be honest, I don't care if we're not promoted this season - Argyle slipping up would be equally as gratifying in my book.

Much Love.

Last edited:

Poultice

Excel does what you tell it to do – within reason - it will do your sums, can do some maffs
Sorry to be a pedant GoT but excel do'n't do the maff, that was done by well clever ice creams years ago, all the 'cel and camputers are doin is clever riffmatic but they can't do advanced riffmatics like wot I dun when I perdicted 69 points being the minimum necessary to gain a play off place.

The difference being I faught abaht it and introduced reasoning, logic and emotion into the whole Quazion, it's well clever stuffs that peoples like Lammie don't gets cos they is only countants, 1,2,3 lots is about their limit.

p.s. I did consider deleting this post but hit send because I think some on here would appreciate my turmoil.