• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apres vous Monsieur
I asked first, but do you really think I would have done if I didn't have them?

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I asked first, but do you really think I would have done if I didn't have them?

Oh my, the ever-reliable 2FA SMS texts.

Not a week goes by at our org without that giving us ball aches.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh my, the ever-reliable 2FA SMS texts.

Not a week goes by at our org without that giving us ball aches.
So you made it up then?

Mr Jinx

Spoonz Red E

That 'hate speech' graph has about as much context and authorial independence as Trump's Sharpie hurricane diagram.

Excellent research.

Mr Jinx

That 'hate speech' graph has about as much context and authorial independence as Trump's Sharpie hurricane diagram.

Excellent research.
Lolz

Do you have any data that refutes it?

DB9

Lolz

Is that real data or something Twitter have just put up to get some new advertisers in? It is a business after all that wants to make money. Also why believe this data when in the last couple years the data/graphs shown for Covid for example were always questioned? Please note, When it comes to Twitter Ive no idea about it, Never have used it and only know about in genral terms.

Mr Jinx

Is that real data or something Twitter have just put up to get some new advertisers in? It is a business after all that wants to make money. Also why believe this data when in the last couple years the data/graphs shown for Covid for example were always questioned? Please note, When it comes to Twitter Ive no idea about it, Never have used it and only know about in genral terms.
Believe what you want to believe. I can only go by what the owner of the company claims. You know, the same as any other company. Unless you're inferring the owners of all companies are liars.

Spoonz Red E

Lolz

Musk hasn't presented any data.

There is context that strongly suggests it's bunkum.
Like Twitter's monitoring capacity being severely reduced hence 'verified' accounts being fake and a free for all on misinformation in the last week or so.
Copyright breaches not being spotted.

Who is monitoring this 'hate speech'?
How is it defined?
How is it being sampled?
Is the statistical method consistent with what went before?
Is the y axis numerical or logarithmic?
Because, graphically, the end point of Elon's own line doesn't look anything like a third down on the pre-spike level (even less so if it wasn't for that fortuitous dip right at the end prior to which 'hate speech' seemed to be rising for a 5 day stretch).

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

Musk hasn't presented any data.

There's context that strongly suggests it's bunkum.
Like Twitter's monitoring capacity being severely reduced hence 'verified' accounts being fake and a free for all on misinformation in the last week or so.
Copyright breaches not being spotted.

Who is monitoring this 'hate speech'?
How is it defined?
How is it being sampled?
Is the statistical method consistent with what went before?
Is the y axis numerical or logarhithmic?
Because, graphically, the end point of Elon's own graph doesn't look anything like a third down on the pre-spike level (even less so if it wasn't for that fortuitous dip right at the end).
Well unless you have data (or reference to it) that refutes it, then you can be nothing other than just sceptical. A bit like me when I hear stuff that comes out of Sir Keith's mouth.