• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not too far removed from Lammy and his race baiting.
Or the Islamaphobia reported from a small, but significant, rump of "your own" party - and by a number of loyal members of the Muslin persuasion.

If you are trying to spin that coin please at least try to show both sides.

Reactions: DB9

fred binneys head

Not too far removed from Lammy and his race baiting.
In what way?

Mr Jinx

In what way?
His comments around 'white saviours'. Go Google...

fred binneys head

His comments around 'white saviours'. Go Google...
I thought that’s what you’d meant, but hoped it was something more substantial. Your example is not the same, or even similar, to the comments made by Goldberg. Just another lazy dig at Lammy.

Mr Jinx

Your example is not the same, or even similar, to the comments made by Goldberg.
I never said it was the same. Not too far removed though.

fred binneys head

I never said it was the same. Not too far removed though.
It is far removed, it's completely different and a none-too-subtle way for you to use a poor comment from an American actress to make a stab at Lammy again. Must do better ;)

tavyred

“I may be Irish, but I’m not stupid!” 🤣
© President ‘plastic paddy’ Biden.

lamrobhero

Quote from USA judge:
[If] Eastman and President Trump's plan had worked, it would have permanently ended the peaceful transition of power undermining American deocracy and the Constitution.
If the country does not commit to investigating and pursuing accountability for those responsible, the Court fears January 6 will repeat itself

Virginia Thomas (wife of Supreme Court judge) urged Mark Meadows (Trump Chief of Staff) to do anything possible to overthrow the result of the election inluding the following text "the most important thing that you can realise is that there are no rules in war"
Supreme Court Judge Thomas was the only one to object to the turning over of Mark Meadows communications to the Jan 6 Investigating Committee.

Putin is not the only threat to democracy.

lamrobhero

Shades of Robert Redford in "Three Days of The Condor"

After being taken to an undisclosed portion of the Capitol during the riot, Pence's Secret Service agents, whom Raskin suspected were reporting directly to Trump's security detail, asked him to enter an armored limousine. The intent, some have theorized, was to drive Pence away from the building, preventing him from certifying the election results, after he had signaled his unwillingness to go against his duties and keep Trump in power.

"[Pence] uttered what I think are the six most chilling words of this entire thing I've seen so far: 'I'm not getting in that car,'" Raskin said. "He knew exactly what this inside coup they had planned for was going to do."

Newsweek: Pence Refusing to Get in Secret Service Car on Jan. 6 'Chilling': Raskin

DB9

Shades of Robert Redford in "Three Days of The Condor"

After being taken to an undisclosed portion of the Capitol during the riot, Pence's Secret Service agents, whom Raskin suspected were reporting directly to Trump's security detail, asked him to enter an armored limousine. The intent, some have theorized, was to drive Pence away from the building, preventing him from certifying the election results, after he had signaled his unwillingness to go against his duties and keep Trump in power.

"[Pence] uttered what I think are the six most chilling words of this entire thing I've seen so far: 'I'm not getting in that car,'" Raskin said. "He knew exactly what this inside coup they had planned for was going to do."

Newsweek: Pence Refusing to Get in Secret Service Car on Jan. 6 'Chilling': Raskin
It's not exactly proof positive evidence reading this and Trumps lot will dismiss this as a Democrat ploy to stop him running in 2024, I personally think Trump is spent force and the Republicans will go for someone else and if he did run would lose.