• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Below 130 today. 67% ytd. That's an astounding drop, even in the current climate.
It's either a very good buy the dip moment, or they'll fall away and be like every other car company.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's either a very good buy the dip moment, or they'll fall away and be like every other car company.
Well that's the thing. Tesla has always run the risk that people stop pricing it as a tech company and price it as a car company instead. Their current woes are possibly a combination of that, Musk's distraction, and the board's complete inaction in the face of the other two.

DB9

Now, Now Joe :ROFLMAO:

1671729359313.png

Mr Jinx

Below 130 today. 67% ytd. That's an astounding drop, even in the current climate.
Tesla was always overvalued. I think reality is catching up with it.

Similar is happening across the whole tech sector. And with crypto too. It's not far off the first great reset circa 2001.

There'll be casualties and the weaker will die off, before there's another resurgence where the behemoths mop up, again.

I have a friend who owns a web company and he says that VC have pretty much ceased funding across almost the whole spectrum. That's gonna hurt the smaller players big time. He's had to lay off 20% of his staff as a result, with probably more to follow next year.

Mr Jinx

Tesla is experiencing yet more pain. It was down 11% in one day yday, although it's rebounded a bit today. A number of reasons for that, but I think Musk needs to find a CEO for Twitter sooner rather than later.

On the Twitter front, there's been more significant improvements to its backend architecture of late.

Interesting stuff coming out around previous tweet suppression by previous management in conjunction with the Democratic party, primarily around Covid.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Staying on the Twitter story, Influencer Andrew Tate having been allowed back on to Twitter by Musk decided to have a go at Greta Thunberg. Not only did she own him, the Romanian police spotted a Pizza box that located him in Romania. He's now been arrested for human trafficking and rape :oops:

I bet Julia Hartley-Brewer regrets her open support for him :)

DB9

Kari Lake, The Trump "The/My Election Was Stolen" is now busy deleting tweets she made about the Judge who threw out her case for giving her the Arizona election win because it is rumoured she is about to get santioned for those tweets which could land her in hot water.

angelic upstart

Staying on the Twitter story, Influencer Andrew Tate having been allowed back on to Twitter by Musk decided to have a go at Greta Thunberg. Not only did she own him, the Romanian police spotted a Pizza box that located him in Romania. He's now been arrested for human trafficking and rape :oops:

I'd not heard of the bloke until I read it earlier on the BBC, did a bit of digging. He's trying to be like that rich bloke that had guns and stuff but ran away during the Vegas shooting a few years back. Weird that dinlos still fall for that sort of nonsense. I see Ms Thunberg has tweeted "this is what happens when you don't recycle pizza boxes" as a mildly amusing response.

Mr Jinx

I thought it was well known he was in Romania.

iscalad

I thought it was well known he was in Romania.
I didn't know. Mind you I've never heard of him.......