• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Our judiciary is very independently minded art.

Less pessimism please.
And it needs to stay that way too.

arthur

Less pessimism please.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

Less pessimism please.
It is currently. The government is doing its best to change that though.

Alistair20000

It is currently. The government is doing its best to change that though.
It won’t succeed

Rosencrantz

It won’t succeed
It shouldn't succeed. Other people have longer memories than me but whilst I can remember other governments having their niggles and moans with the judiciary when things do not go their way, I cannot remember such a sustained attack on them as with this government. Especially coming from Braverman and Raab who are effectively in posts that lead our judiciary and bar.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It won’t succeed
Let's hope not

angelic upstart

It shouldn't succeed. Other people have longer memories than me but whilst I can remember other governments having their niggles and moans with the judiciary when things do not go their way, I cannot remember such a sustained attack on them as with this government. Especially coming from Braverman and Raab who are effectively in posts that lead our judiciary and bar.
Worth noting that Braverman and Raab both voted to keep abortion illegal in Northern Ireland in 2019. There were 99 MPs that voted against it. Almost all were Conservative or DUP.

lamrobhero

Liz Cheney. I do not support her politics but respect, she is a hero of our time. Though at other times her outlook would have been normal, that it is now exceptional demonstrates how low right wingers and their apologists have descended.

Rep. Liz Cheney appeared at the Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute in Simi Valley, California, as part of a larger speaker series on the future of the GOP.

Spoonz Red E

Liz Cheney. I do not support her politics but respect, she is a hero of our time. Though at other times her outlook would have been normal, that it is now exceptional demonstrates how low right wingers and their apologists have descended.

Rep. Liz Cheney appeared at the Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute in Simi Valley, California, as part of a larger speaker series on the future of the GOP.
This is standard of debate Cheney has to undertake now with fellow Republicans.
The GOP think it is Cheney who should be pushed out.

Mr Jinx

Just imagine for one moment...

...that Hunter was Trump's son