• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I prefer not to attack a guy who has achieved far more in his life than I ever will and who has done so with humility and honesty.
Reagan, Ford, GW Bush, Trump all often stumbled physically or verbally. These guys are not young but they have to deal with meeting hundreds of new people weekly, remember a whole loada names, and assimilate a mass of information on various topics, in addition to travelling through different time zones which can befuddle even the youngest of us. I imagine sleep deprivation could be another factor.
It's fine to laugh with them but to laugh at them in a nasty, schadenfreudish manner simply reflects badly on the nasty, not on - in this case- Biden.

DB9

A candidate "Hand Picked" by Trump for Governor in Georgia has been trounced in a Primary vote by a candidate picked by Pence. David Perdue was beaten by incumbent Brian Kemp in the Republican Primary. Not the biggest story in the US today but its seen by some as Trump not the "Great Saviour" he once was.

IndoMike

I just don't like banning an opinion. Also at this time he has not been found guilty of incitement, That process is still going on in the US on whether he stands trial for it or allowed to run for office again, See where that ends up then he's banned if found guilty.
So if Twitter had existed at the time of the rise of Adolf Hitler you wouldn't have banned him for posting incendiary tweets which amounted to incitement to violence.
Right?

DB9

So if Twitter had existed at the time of the rise of Adolf Hitler you wouldn't have banned him for posting incendiary tweets which amounted to incitement to violence.
Right?
What has this got to do with anything? Hitler wanted to exterminate a people and all opposition and used all his tools of the day to do this, I can't remember Trump doing the same, Hitler wanted state sponsored murder again as much as Trump is odious he never incited that.

You can't say "What if" about things in the past etc, We're in the 21st Century now, People I think are moving on from Trump and as I've said Trump has not been found guilty of inciting violence yet, If he is then throw the full force of the law at him but until the 6th Jan commission publishes its findings we can't be the judges on here.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Other threads are getting congested with some interesting debates - I thought that given the size and power of USA and to a lesser extent Canada it deserved it's own thread. Especially as there is so much to discuss here.
I wanted to start on a harrowing note , the horrific shooting in Texas yesterday , and include this clip from a Basketball team manager, Steve Kerr which sums the issue up very powerfully and is worth 2 minutes of anyone's time, trust me on this one!

Golden State Warriors on Twitter: "Steve Kerr on today's tragic shooting in Uvalde, Texas. https://t.co/lsJ8RzPcmC" / Twitter

Mr Jinx

Other threads are getting congested with some interesting debates - I thought that given the size and power of USA and to a lesser extent Canada it deserved it's own thread. Especially as there is so much to discuss here.
I wanted to start on a harrowing note , the horrific shooting in Texas yesterday , and include this clip from a Basketball team manager, Steve Kerr which sums the issue up very powerfully and is worth 2 minutes of anyone's time, trust me on this one!

Golden State Warriors on Twitter: "Steve Kerr on today's tragic shooting in Uvalde, Texas. https://t.co/lsJ8RzPcmC" / Twitter
It's mid boggling how the US just can't get a handle on this.

I did say some years ago - if the US can fix this after Sandy Hook and with Democrat Obama at the helm, it never will.

Alistair20000

I prefer not to attack a guy who has achieved far more in his life than I ever will and who has done so with humility and honesty.
Reagan, Ford, GW Bush, Trump all often stumbled physically or verbally. These guys are not young but they have to deal with meeting hundreds of new people weekly, remember a whole loada names, and assimilate a mass of information on various topics, in addition to travelling through different time zones which can befuddle even the youngest of us. I imagine sleep deprivation could be another factor.
It's fine to laugh with them but to laugh at them in a nasty, schadenfreudish manner simply reflects badly on the nasty, not on - in this case- Biden.

The real problem with Joe Biden is that he is useless at his job.

Have a look at this from a source that is hardly a fan of the Republican party:

IndoMike

What has this got to do with anything? Hitler wanted to exterminate a people and all opposition and used all his tools of the day to do this, I can't remember Trump doing the same, Hitler wanted state sponsored murder again as much as Trump is odious he never incited that.

You can't say "What if" about things in the past etc, We're in the 21st Century now, People I think are moving on from Trump and as I've said Trump has not been found guilty of inciting violence yet, If he is then throw the full force of the law at him but until the 6th Jan commission publishes its findings we can't be the judges on here.
You said you don't believe in banning people from social media. My question was perfectly fair, but I'll change it for you.
Would you ban Putin? Would you ban a mass murderer? Would you ban Trump, who incited an attempt at overthrowing the American election?

Alistair20000

It's mid boggling how the US just can't get a handle on this.

I did say some years ago - if the US can fix this after Sandy Hook and with Democrat Obama at the helm, it never will.
Obama was not good at fixing things but he talked a good talk.

IndoMike

The real problem with Joe Biden is that he is useless at his job.

Have a look at this from a source that is hardly a fan of the Republican party:

No problem at all. Biden says the US would use military force against China if they tried to invade Taiwan. His aides then say the US wouldn't.
This kind of mixed message leaves the Chinese confused and unsure. Better that way than the US saying they wouldn't intervene militarily, period.
They said they wouldn't intervene militarily against Russia, and look what happened.