• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure you could always pop along to SJP and ask Chaz n Co in person if you feel this strongly about it ? After all I should think with his expertise in this area and knowing exactly what he can and cannot use to H&S standards by now.
You are missing the point spectacularly but I'll leave it there.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
View attachment 8540
Just look at this image from the final game. Zoom in on pitch far corner by big bank - obvious green square unsprayed, and also look in left corner by flag, there is a clear arc where the sprayer must have run and missed a bit. Even along the touchline by the AS stand you can clearly see a darker green line - look in front of the kids
You dont think that the lighter bit on the far side near the corner is used more than most because of the lino and various throw in's or corners ? As for the arc you refer to tbh I cant see it and looks more like far from it not being sprayed tends to look more like a different run of the mower.

I realise you may be a farmer but looking after meadow grass for grazing of livestock etc is nowhere near the like looking after a football pitch, I work on vehicles for a living and there is a world of difference between a clapped out runaround and a £500,000 race car.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
You are missing the point spectacularly but I'll leave it there.
How am I missing the point ? Someone posts that there may have been weedkiller sprayed on a pitch before the final game (which in itself would seem stupid in case one of the players or ball boys etc were allergic to these type of substances) and you immediately jumped on it being fact without actually knowing it was true.

I'd like to think imo that the groundstaff know exactly what they are doing as regards the pitch and the probable only thing put on the pitch apart from water is some sort of feed for the grass.

One more thing I just thought of . . . Why would they use Roundup weedkiller and contaminate the rest of the grass being taken off as Chaz quite clearly said once the rest was removed it would be taken to C&F to be composted and reused on other pitches ?

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Chas explains the problem with meadow grass and how he combats it by using a herbicide a week before the end of the season in this video from before the Colchester game.
Section starts at the 1 minute 32 seconds mark.

Oldsmobile-88

St James Playa

84DA3414-028A-4903-B940-6355579CC55C.jpeg

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't we need Keep Off the Sand signs ?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Don't we need Keep Off the Sand signs ?
I'd have chucked a kid's paddling pool and some buckets and spades by the side of the pitch before taking that photo, just for giggles.

SaintJames

Some of our fans always wanted to play at Sandy Park as well :)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lifes a Beach Chas (until the season starts of course!)

gilbertshoot

Looks like Derby's old Baseball Ground from the 70s