• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know we had a relatively dry Autumn but the pitch hasn’t looked as good in mid December as it does this year for a long, long time (y)
Totally agree. On Saturday I did find myself bemoaning the fact the pitch wasn't quite as immaculate as had been and then had to remind myself of the absolute state it's been at this time of year in recent seasons.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know we had a relatively dry Autumn but the pitch hasn’t looked as good in mid December as it does this year for a long, long time (y)
Except for the area in the shadow of the IP Office / Doble Stand which Chas pointed out in his interview.
PS Any chance a Grecian getting COVID boosted at that ground 40 mileish W of the fairer City of Exeter can bring back their grass growing lights to SJP ?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Except for the area in the shadow of the IP Office / Doble Stand which Chas pointed out in his interview.
PS Any chance a Grecian getting COVID boosted at that ground 40 mileish W of the fairer City of Exeter can bring back their grass growing lights to SJP ?
for that sort of escapade we might benefit from the assistance of some Colchester fans....;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's been a while, but Chas is back!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems to be weathering well made for a good surface again today.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pre Orient installment

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pre Orient installment

Craig & Scott should be very afraid if Chaz ends up on new Big Screen !
UTC (Up the Chaz)

Christian

Can someone ask Chaz if the favourable weather since the summer has helped the new pitch bed in? Will it make it stronger for next season? I know we wont be ripping it up again for a few years, but will the top level of the pitch be removed in the summer and re-seeded or will it be general maintenance? I'm guessing that this might not be the case as it will remove some of the hair from the soil?