• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

Andy_H

At the risk of opening old wounds and going off topic, there does appear to be plenty of room for an extra block on the end of the Stagecoach stand, even if it is slightly tapered at the back.
It's not so much if there is room, which in actuality there isn't as some of this land belongs to Network Rail, but the return on outlay and cost per seat to build anything.

Boyo

There probably is room. However, the space that is there, would only increase capacity by about 500 seats (at most) and would lead to a potential loss of exit capacity for the big bank. That is likely to necessitate a reduction in big bank capacity. Filling this space will also lead to the loss of the Big Bank bar and toilet space and would likely cost a bomb. A sensible decision to leave it as it is for the time being. P.S I am ready for a whoosh!
I would suggest that the Big Bank bar, the loos and access/exit to the Big Bank could be built under any extension, but you're right it's the costs that make it prohibitive along with Network Rail apparently being a nightmare to deal with.

It is a real shame, however. One quick look at the distribution of people in the Stagecoach stand on a matchday strongly suggests that people want to sit as close to the halfway line as possible, so more premium placed seats is clearly desirable and would contribute to Project 6k.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Today's installment of the Pitch

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shame we can't afford some of those lights that you can grow grass under for the side nearest IP stand.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know we had a relatively dry Autumn but the pitch hasn’t looked as good in mid December as it does this year for a long, long time (y)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shame we can't afford some of those lights that you can grow grass under for the side nearest IP stand.
I see that for this week the temperatures are in the teens (C, not F!). I understand that grass grows at above 9 degrees so here's hoping (for a few days at least)

Boyo

I see that for this week the temperatures are in the teens (C, not F!). I understand that grass grows at above 9 degrees so here's hoping (for a few days at least)
At the risk of being a pedant(!) I believe it's the soil temperature rather than the air temperature that is important. Direct sunlight is also important.