• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The current pitch (left hand picture) compared to the previous one (right hand picture).
Not a lot in it but I'd say the goal line is marginally (a foot to 18 inches) closer to the Big Bank now.
Follow between the goal line and the Big Bank fencing - strip on the left side is slightly thinner.

Though the Old Grandstand is in that picture on the right so it's a few years old at least.

Boyo

The current pitch (left hand picture) compared to the previous one (right hand picture).
Not a lot in it but I'd say the goal line is marginally (a foot to 18 inches) closer to the Big Bank now.
Follow between the goal line and the Big Bank fencing - strip on the left side is slightly thinner.

At the risk of opening old wounds and going off topic, there does appear to be plenty of room for an extra block on the end of the Stagecoach stand, even if it is slightly tapered at the back.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
IIRC the pitch was moved slightly towards the BB but its dimensions are the same, you can only change them with the permission of the EFL and only between seasons.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Think the pitch was moved in 2015

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the risk of opening old wounds and going off topic, there does appear to be plenty of room for an extra block on the end of the Stagecoach stand, even if it is slightly tapered at the back.
There probably is room. However, the space that is there, would only increase capacity by about 500 seats (at most) and would lead to a potential loss of exit capacity for the big bank. That is likely to necessitate a reduction in big bank capacity. Filling this space will also lead to the loss of the Big Bank bar and toilet space and would likely cost a bomb. A sensible decision to leave it as it is for the time being. P.S I am ready for a whoosh!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There probably is room. However, the space that is there, would only increase capacity by about 500 seats (at most) and would lead to a potential loss of exit capacity for the big bank. That is likely to necessitate a reduction in big bank capacity. Filling this space will also lead to the loss of the Big Bank bar and toilet space and would likely cost a bomb. A sensible decision to leave it as it is for the time being. P.S I am ready for a whoosh!
See all these other things generally are not considered by Pete Public, but what you could put there is a stand alone TV/media suite, above the Bar and toilets with camera facing onto the IP Office........ (more chance of a whoosh here)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is the pitch thread!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
True but now we are there...

As I understand it, the biggest problem would be likely to be intransigence from Network Rail. They are opposed to any building, even a flying freehold, over their land which would as Martin says compromise exit from the BB along the Jungle Path, which is still owned by them. We have a right of pedestrian access and egress only. And we don't need another 4-500 seats at present.

More realistic would be to build round the corner to the away terrace and re-locate the control centre to where the old scoreboard is.

OmanGrecian

Pitching ideas ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to see the gap has now been filled. Hoping there will be a Chas and Craig video later