• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does the rain today count as Chaz's weather event?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
They will get their comeuppances on Saturday - they are playing against Jokull (once a Grecian always a Grecian) 🤞

Just seen their highlights - not good drainage, they will be trying to nick our Chas next to save embarrassment
Jokull already getting warmed up for the green slime
AFRAM JOKULL

Boyo

Er yes. You said the monsoon conditions began in the 85th minute. You then said they scored in the 94th minute and if the monsoon had come come ten minutes earlier the ref would have a tricky decision. Ten minutes before the 94th minute is the 84th minute, which is one minute before the monsoon actually came. So if according to what you've written, if it occured in the 84th minute rather than the 85th the ref would have had a tricky decision.
I'm not sure how you have managed to get yourself so confused over a relatively simple concept. The monsoon started around the 85th min, and by the end of the match the conditions were in essence unplayable. What I'm saying is that if the monsoon had started in the 75th minute (i.e. 10 mins earlier) the pitch would have been unplayable by the 85th min, which would have created a difficult decision for the ref.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure how you have managed to get yourself so confused over a relatively simple concept. The monsoon started around the 85th min, and by the end of the match the conditions were in essence unplayable. What I'm saying is that if the monsoon had started in the 75th minute (i.e. 10 mins earlier) the pitch would have been unplayable by the 85th min, which would have created a difficult decision for the ref.
You didn't though! You said they scored in the 94th minute and if the monsoon had started ten minutes previously the ref would have had a decision to make. I took what you'd written as ten minutes before they scored, not ten minutes before the monsoon began.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does it matter? FFS

Presumably their pitch is due to be ripped up now? It must be ten years since it was layer. IIRC Chas said ours would need to be replaced in ten years and extra fibre sand added.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm really glad I brought this up now.....zzzzzzz

Boyo

I guess every pitch has a limit as to how much water can be drained in any given time. 10mm of rain on a football pitch would be 60-70 cubic metres of water (by my calculation) which is a huge volume to get through a pipe somewhere.

Matt Russell

I guess every pitch has a limit as to how much water can be drained in any given time. 10mm of rain on a football pitch would be 60-70 cubic metres of water (by my calculation) which is a huge volume to get through a pipe somewhere.
Hope that matches Exmuff calculations or you'll be in trouble.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Anybody else think Chas is Teignmouth's Jethro ?