• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

JCWhoosh

We just need to get out of this league by any means! Hoof ball, ugly football? I don't think people will mind too much for the gain of promotion. Then look to re-establish our passing game which would suit better in league 1.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought he looked poor.
I thought "average"

Has Pate given a Ruling ?

Andy_H

I thought "average"

Has Pate given a Ruling ?
Probably not tall enough and should have done better for our goal!

Andy_H

Absolutely shocking this evening
Have you arranged a meeting with Charlie to tell him where he's going wrong and how you'd change the maintenance work to make it like a billiard table?

Grecian Max

Have you arranged a meeting with Charlie to tell him where he's going wrong and how you'd change the maintenance work to make it like a billiard table?
I'm not a groundsman - I'm shit hot at my job, I assume they are at theirs? Otherwise what's the point? They are paid to do the work!

The pitch was a quagmire. Do you blame them then? Or do you blame the multiple relays of the turf that we've had? Anyone can see it's awful. I genuinely don't the answer, but I'd appreciate a less defensive response next time :)

I weirdly remember the old one with a massive bump in the middle holding up much better than this one.

fred binneys head

My criticism of the pitch is in no way a criticism of Chaz, who is an absolute legend. He himself has said on some of the videos that the pitch is in a bad way. I’d love to be able to get Chaz’s view on what he would do if money was no object.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
My criticism of the pitch is in no way a criticism of Chaz, who is an absolute legend. He himself has said on some of the videos that the pitch is in a bad way. I’d love to be able to get Chaz’s view on what he would do if money was no object.
Obviously Chas is the man but I believe that both Tis and MT were after a Desso pitch which would come in at around the 1 £Million mark and would last about ten years (link to previous post here https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/pitch-in-for-city.61902/post-1860344)

budegrecian

Obviously Chas is the man but I believe that both Tis and MT were after a Desso pitch which would come in at around the 1 £Million mark and would last about ten years (link to previous post here https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/pitch-in-for-city.61902/post-1860344)
So, in the scheme of things: a cost of approximately £100k per year, equivalent to the cost of one of our better players wages. On balance, probably worth it, IMO.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, in the scheme of things: a cost of approximately £100k per year, equivalent to the cost of one of our better players wages. On balance, probably worth it, IMO.
Whilst I agree, you have to include maintenance costs on top of that. Not sure what that would be though. Hopefully less than our current pitch but doubtful.

C j phill

I refer to my earlier post #349. The Trust annual contribution to the Club is £100,000 and Trust Members would clearly see where their contribution was going.