• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah that’s interesting, and a shame. Thanks Benguin.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
All this focus on the retained lists and next season, one important area which partially led to our drifting out of the autos was the state of the pitch just prior to lockdown and how it was cutting up.
Can’t really agree with that after all we had only lost one game at home all season up to that point...the wheels came off the away performances after the Grimsby away game as we proceed to lose four of the next five in a very disappointing fashion to say the least all on pretty good playing surface too
....ironically the game at Macclesfield that we won was played on a much worse surface than the games at Port Vale, Northampton and Walsall who’s pitches were in particularly good nick for the time of year...I’d pinpoint that run of away matches as to where it went wrong rather than SJP pitch as poor as it was.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
You may be right but I did say partially and the last two home matches were Crawley and Crewe which both led to 1-1 draws (4 points dropped in the final push) and the ball sticking in the middle, with the prospect of five more matches to come with little time for the pitch to recover likely to affect how we played

Exehausted

You may be right but I did say partially and the last two home matches were Crawley and Crewe which both led to 1-1 draws (4 points dropped in the final push) and the ball sticking in the middle, with the prospect of five more matches to come with little time for the pitch to recover likely to affect how we played
I think it's also worth pointing out the toll that a pitch in such poor condition takes on the players, particularly when you play on it on a Saturday and a Tuesday. It's not just the pitch that needs time to recover.

Rosencrantz

Back to the drainage again. It's becoming a bit like painting the Forth Bridge.

Benguin

Back to the drainage again. It's becoming a bit like painting the Forth Bridge.
Although it does look like they are addressing the issue of connection to the main sewer. Your drainage system is only as good as your maximum capacity. If ,as it looks, they have increased the size of the pipe to the main drain then more water will be able to drain far quicker, hopefully meaning the ground will not be so saturated on the Cowshed side. That is my guess of what is going on anyway!

dontpassback

Although it does look like they are addressing the issue of connection to the main sewer. Your drainage system is only as good as your maximum capacity. If ,as it looks, they have increased the size of the pipe to the main drain then more water will be able to drain far quicker, hopefully meaning the ground will not be so saturated on the Cowshed side. That is my guess of what is going on anyway!
Charlie looking good on the digger !

Red Devon

Thanks to Charlie for letting me into take a few pics today...just to be able to stand in the St James Road End was a truly uplifting experience 😊😊

Attachments

DB9

On a side note, Looking at those great photos (Thanks Red Devon) Will there be any work parties this summer as per usual or will it be a no no this year?

Colesman Ballz

The ground looks a little odd without all the Flybe branding which we have been used to for all those years ! :(