• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

dontpassback

Teignmouth legend !

DawlishBouy

Just noticed the latest pitch update has not been posted. Also the dumbass Radio Devon commentator yesterday made a comment about it being Clive Pring's pitch.

Boyo

I wonder how Chaz felt about the pitch invasion. I must admit, I saw the kids sliding around on their knees and thought about the impact on the pitch. Hope there's no long term damage.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amidst all of the other, well deserved, plaudits being handed out let's not forget the massive role Chas and his team have played in this year's triumph.

Matt's previous complaints/excuses about the pitch certainly seem to have been proved well-founded and it surely cannot be denied that the superb surface that has been produced for him could well have proved the final piece of the jigsaw.

I suggest that Chas has earned his own portrait on the Wall Of Fame - bacon sammidge in hand of course.

Colesman Ballz

I wonder how Chaz felt about the pitch invasion. I must admit, I saw the kids sliding around on their knees and thought about the impact on the pitch. Hope there's no long term damage.
The top surface is being stripped off after the Port Vale game, and being reseeded and regrown over the summer, so it should be fine !

Bridgy 81

The top surface is being stripped off after the Port Vale game, and being reseeded and regrown over the summer, so it should be fine !
I thought I heard him say that too in his latest pitch report.
Admittedly I know nothing about ground maintenance but as the pitch has played so well this season does anyone know why it’s necessary to strip away all the grass and replace it after just one year?

Benguin

Admittedly I know nothing about ground maintenance but as the pitch has played so well this season does anyone know why it’s necessary to strip away all the grass and replace it after just one year?
The wrong type of grass blows in on the wind and if you don't strip it off it takes over very quickly. It has very shallow roots unlike the seeded grass and would cut up really badly.

Bridgy 81

The wrong type of grass blows in on the wind and if you don't strip it off it takes over very quickly. It has very shallow roots unlike the seeded grass and would cut up really badly.
Thanks.
That probably explains why my lawn is so rubbish.

Grecian2K

The thing that struck me most was the mention of the "unseen stuff" at the C&F....which, let's face it, is where the players spend the vast part of their working lives.

The kind of investment that we don't tend to immediately think about.

Colesman Ballz

It is explained in one of his recent videos. The pitch is rye grass, but as Benguin has explained the shallower rooted meadow grass is blown in and now covers about 10% of the area.