• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The pen!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I loved the penalty thing, Nards was seconds away from sticking the ball up his shirt. Think that Daddy Tis needs to have a word with the children before the next game.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I loved the penalty thing, Nards was seconds away from sticking the ball up his shirt. Think that Daddy Tis needs to have a word with the children before the next game.
If there was a plan there seemed to be a lot of confusion about what it was.

Athelstan

This sort of thing happens every now and then.

I remember a similar incident years ago when we were awarded a very late penalty against Cardiff City in the Auto Windscreens Shield, back in the days when the first round was played in mini groups of three. We were 1-0 down and needed a draw to top the group at Cardiff's expense, having already vanquished Gargoyle away.

Mickey Ross was tripped in the box and immediately grabbed the ball to take the penalty but had it wrestled off him by Jason Minett who, as the regular penalty taker, was determined to assume the responsibility. Minett won the tussle and buried the spot kick to take us through.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster

Disappointed they argued over it as I'm sure it puts more pressure on the taker, whoever it turns out to be.

Presumably they both wanted to increase their goal tallies, perhaps fair enough as strikers are so often judged on this alone. Hardly good for the team though.

I always think penalties should be separated out from goals when quoting a player's stats.

flack attack

Big trees. Harley took that pen against Charlton. O'Flynn took the pen to equalise against Bristol Rovers, although think that was mid-late in the second half, as opposed to in injury time. Harley didn't play against Rovers due to his perpetual flu.

bigtrees

Big trees. Harley took that pen against Charlton. O'Flynn took the pen to equalise against Bristol Rovers, although think that was mid-late in the second half, as opposed to in injury time. Harley didn't play against Rovers due to his perpetual flu.
Stand corrected. But O'Flynn was still the man to take the pen. having been the taker in Harley's absence previously.

SimonBB

I would of thought it was O'Flynn's like it was last time, however maybe the rule is in place that whoever wins the penalty shouldn't take it?

DJH2005

I don't really care who takes them, what bothers me most is when they are struck as poorly as the one yesterday. It really was an awful penalty.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I It really was an awful penalty.
It wasnt an AWFUL penalty. It was struck well but at a height that the keeper (who had guessed the right way) could save comfortably.

An awful penalty is when Bertie Big Balls tries a clever little chip and it just trickles to the keeper.