• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The pen!

ECFC Music

Hope we are not going back to the days when we missed more penalties than we scored.Harley was given the job belatedly and should continue with the task when playing.There should then be a back up(which i assumed was O'Flynn) and the captain should make sure others don't grab the ball,tuck it under their shirt or broach arguments.
From the video of the penalty,as someone else pointed out, no one except Dunne was following up to attack the rebound yet several of their players moved in and enabled the ball to be cleared.Not exactly brain surgery to anticipate the possibility !

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love Tis' quote in E&E today, "I wasn't prepared to make that decision from 80 yards away", is this bloke f*cking joking or what? Make the decision before the game. Get a list of pen takers in order and maybe add in the fact that the player who won it doesn't take it so it drops down to the next player in the list.

What a f*cking shambles.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Aaron Lescott is adamant that it was outside the box.

ralph

Highlights on the BBC make it look like it was just inside.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Aaron Lescott is adamant that it was outside the box.
Lescott from the Bescot would say that though.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Highlights on the BBC make it look like it was just inside.
I'd argue the opposite.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
we were lucky neither pen miss has cost us this year(with oldham equaliser coming from corner resulting from missed pen)

the main result is that nardiello will drop down the pecking order now, so guess it will be harley if playing, then o flynn and nardiello may get chance if neither are on pitch.

Cureton doesn't appear to be in the running surprisingly, b jones,noble,logan other possibilities, or duffy(in previous seasons his 3 would be threatening the top scoring charts for us)

andrew p long

....is mightier than the sword!

Last edited:

ralph

I'd argue the opposite.
I had another look; still looks just in to me. Lescott's foot is maybe a few inches inside the box when O'Flynn is down.

Got the 3 points anyway.

Poultice

I'd argue the opposite.
Which is worrying as the video clearly shows the offence taking place inside the area, it's not even borderline imho.