• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Warsaw versus Exeter City Matchday Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry, you're wrong. Archie gave the keeper a chance he never should have had. Anywhere to left of the goal which was wide open and Collins scores. It's poor finishing. It really is that simple.
I read it differently, as I thought a striker like you would have done. The keeper knows there's a gaping gap to his right and puts all his effort into covering maximum ground rapidly. In which circumstances isn't the advice to 'put it back in the direction it came from' and completely wrong foot the keeper?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great result and good to be back on a winning run. Chieck's celebration with the fans is what football is all about and parts it from other sports.

I wasn't there but I have no problem with pyro or smoke bombs. I'm not asthmatic but if I was and someone let off a smoke bomb I'd move seats or go and get a pint or cup of tea, wait a few minutes for the smoke to subside and then go back to watch the game. There will always be an element of the youth who push the boundaries and break the rules. I would have probably been involved myself 20 years ago but eventually you grow up and grow out if it, and then the next generation come along and continue to push the boundariesand break the rules. Its a fact of life. So long as they're not beating someone up (who doesn't deserve it), or being racist, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

older-codger

Having paused and measured the actual shot position (as distinct from the keeper's position) the shot was almost exactly one eighth of the goal width from the left hand post i.e. 3 feet from the left post and 21 feet from the right - a long way from down the middle!

fred binneys head

I’ve always liked you older-codger.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many angels can you get on the head of a pin?

andrew p long

Anyone know why Ray and Kite weren't in the 18?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depth of squad presumably.

Red Monster

When Sam and Alex are fit there‘s going to be another two
not making the bench if everyones fit .

geoffwp

How many angels can you get on the head of a pin?
You are Thomas Aquinas and I claim my 5 florins.😊

denzel

Keepers fault.
Bot account. Their keeper was superb yesterday. Maybe apart from the head rush which contributed to the sending off.